fourwheelhorseman

Wheelhorse 753 parking brake assembly

fourwheelhorseman

Does anyone reproduce these? I’m in need of the lever and plastic knob. I looked at Wheelhorse parts and more and came up with nothing. 
thanks in advance!

Kary

rmaynard

Are you referring to item #53?

brklvr.jpg.205bc183a34c7aa71dc207f2ca431da5.jpg

Check with our vendors for a good used one:

K&B Horse Parts

A-Z Tractors

or RedMan's Wheel Horse Bone Yard

• Thanks 1

Achto
10 hours ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

I’m in need of the lever and plastic knob. I looked at Wheelhorse parts and more and came up with nothing.

Here is a link to the knob.

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/early-60s-triangle-knob/

I cut a new lever out of some 10ga sheet metal, fortunately I had access to an original to use as a pattern. 

WHX??

Put an add in wanted... heck I may even have one if I knew where to look...:lol:

fourwheelhorseman
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Put an add in wanted... heck I may even have one if I knew where to look...:lol:

Hey if you come up with one give me a shout. I’ll most likely start looking in a couple of weeks, I e got some other things to do to the old horse first. Thanks!

Kary

WHX??

Will look for one after Pullstart's Plow day. I know I have some but might be for later tractors. 

fourwheelhorseman

According to the diagram a few threads up.. what do I have? Or should I ask what am I missing besides the parking brake lever?

image.jpg

WHX??

Definitely not the same as IPL and looks like nothin else missing. Shouldn't the spring be hooked to the brake lever fellas? 

Hang loose we'll get some pics of how should be or what works. 

fourwheelhorseman

I think it’s a different set up, I’m starting to put two and two together, so the gentleman I got the tractor from sent me a couple of manuals in the mail, the manuals are for a 604,654 and 704, the belt guard says 854,I know it’s not an 854 for sure due to the hood length,   anyhow look close at the schematics of this manual, it’s the correct one I think..

image.jpg

fourwheelhorseman

Notice the brake lever, it has a step at the end, also a slight step in the middle where it bends. Compared to the diagram that was shown earlier in the thread.. I’m wondering if they will even interchange now?

Mike'sHorseBarn

I think your tractor is a kind of a hodge podge of parts. I have an 854 that's cobbled together like that. I'm attaching a picture of what the original 753 setup looks like. 

20240201_170206.jpg.afb5c67490c4fbb1bfcea7b2ad4ad5d7.jpg

• Like 1