Keaton

r32 lawn ranger front tires

Keaton

I have been looking for front tires for my lawn ranger and I have came up with nothing, I also need new spindall but one of them is a cub spindall so I think I will get another one of those, they are 3/4 bore 4.10 or 3.50 x 4 any help will be appreciated, thanks - Keaton Smith 

and I cannot reuse the old ones because they did not ever Greece the tires and it worn down the spindall and the spindall is all messed up and the 3/4 bore is more like a 1 inch hole 

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

The spindle is part of the axle.  Are the wheels messed up?  Did they have bushings you could drive out in favor of bearings?  They are a standard size, like 1-1/4” or 1-3/16” OD with a 3/4” ID.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Keaton
Posted (edited)

@Pullstart the wheels are steel sleeves that will not come out, I tried the spindall is wore down like the picture below, mine is not that bad, but the other one is a yellow spindall so I'd guess it is a cub spindall 

Worn out front wheel axles - Wheel Horse Tractors - RedSquare Wheel Horse  Forum

Edited by Keaton
  • Like 1

Achto
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Keaton said:

I have been looking for front tires for my lawn ranger and I have came up with nothing

Here is one source for tires. If you need the rims as well, you can switch the 5/8" id bearings out for 3/4" id ones.

https://www.millertire.com/categories/lawn-garden-tires/3-00-4/

https://www.millertire.com/categories/lawn-garden-tires/4-10-4/

Edited by Achto

Keaton
  • and does someone know the color the lawn ranger rims are supposed to be , bright white, a darker white or almond?

Achto
3 hours ago, Keaton said:

and does someone know the color the lawn ranger rims are supposed to be , bright white, a darker white or almond?

That one kinda opens a can-o-worms. I prefer an International Harvester off white, others prefer a bright white. 

Here is a pic of my 701 with IH off white rims.

IMG_20210925_122919117_HDR.jpg.caa04dd3e4badc2860bd2f7e1234f9f5.jpg

Keaton

@Achto I also have a 701, I need a belt cover for it it is my favorite tractor as of now. and I will look for some paint the next time i am out

• Excellent 1

kpinnc
4 hours ago, Achto said:

That one kinda opens a can-o-worms. I prefer an International Harvester off white, others prefer a bright white. 

I think older machines up until at least the late 60s used a darker beige anyway. Regardless, I agree it looks better on round hoods. 

32percenter

I would weld up those spindles and then grind them to fit new ball bearings pressed into the lawn ranger wheels 

peter lena

@Keaton https://www.google.com/search?q=wheel+horse+front+axel+spindles&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS866US866&oq=wheel+horse+front+axel+spindles+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvb  , make things easy , replace , new  RE GREASED , bearings . your set up is long past its life . regular service , would have eliminated it . also shim up spindles to wheel , that wheel shucking  , side play , destroys bearings , pete