Sign in to follow this  
Coors

Attachments question 520H

Coors

I found a deck and snow plow for sale that came off of a 314-8. Will these fit my 520H? I tried to look them up but the numbers the guy gave me do not show up on toro.com.

The numbers are not the clearest. The blade is 06488C01 or 0648BC01 followed by 39366. The manufacture date is faded. On the mower deck, the I.D. is 0542MS05 72994.

Can anyone help me out?

The deck is believed to be a 42", but I wasn't sure if a 42" work on a 520H with a 60" deck.

I know the plow will need an "completing kit".

Thanks.

Duvall

I am far from a tractor head.

I can tell you that the 300, 400 and 500 series used the same attachments.

I use a 42" rear discharge and a 48" side on my 520, and I also have the 60" deck.

whfan74

It will fit as long as you don't have the forward swept axle........that does cause problems for a blade.

If you don't have an swept axle then you can only handle up to a 48" mower deck.

What year is your tractor? That will help us better answer your question.

Coors

It will fit as long as you don't have the forward swept axle........that does cause problems for a blade.

If you don't have an swept axle then you can only handle up to a 48" mower deck.

What year is your tractor? That will help us better answer your question.

My tractor is a 1995 520H with swept front axles.

Currently I have a 60in deck. I didn't know if I could scale down to a 42 w/o problems.

From reading older post I see that I will need a completing kit for the snow plow in order to move the plow away from the front swept axle/tires. Is the correct? Can I make this work with an extension?

Thanks,

whfan74

Since you have the forward swept axle you won't have any problems with the mowing deck.

You are right, you will not only need the extension for the blade but you will also need a different angling arm. The ones for the 520 swept axle have a bend to them so they can be accessed by the driver. Without the proper handle the arm would be up too far to make it work and will interfere with the tractor itself.

A few have fabbed up there own extension kits. I have personally found one for another member that was a NOS item. It wasn't cheap, but it was correct.

Jim_M

The completing kit also relocates the lift point on the plow frame.

jusjeepn

Couldn't find any for sale when I needed them, so I made them!

002-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

008-4.jpg

These are a made a lot heavier than the factory ones. They work perfectly but you also have to add a piece to the front to prevent sway!

014-1.jpg

My extension was made one inch longer than the factory setup to accommodate my custom 60" blade. This is it pushing gravel.

004-2.jpg

Works great!

whfan74

Yes sorry about that Jim is exactly right on that!

Pat.........nice fab job! :thumbs2:

Love seeing those working pictures!