Love peanuts! 

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

:popcorn:

• Haha 2

Sailman

And of course that bit of history gave way to our southern specialty...."boiled peanuts". A true southern delicacy!

Years ago my mom was visiting from up in Iowa and we took a road trip to the Florida beaches. On the way we stopped in south GA and picked up some fresh "boiled peanuts". I handed the bag to my mom and told her to try them while I visited the mens room. When I came back I asked her what she thought. She had an unpleasant look on her face but tried to be optimistic.....well she said they are kind of a strange crunchy thing....I had to clarify....we still remove the peanuts from the shell :hide: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

ANTPER

Is this where and how the old saying was born....He is working for peanuts. ;) IDK

• Like 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, Sailman said:

And of course that bit of history gave way to our southern specialty...."boiled peanuts". A true southern delicacy!

Years ago my mom was visiting from up in Iowa and we took a road trip to the Florida beaches. On the way we stopped in south GA and picked up some fresh "boiled peanuts". I handed the bag to my mom and told her to try them while I visited the mens room. When I came back I asked her what she thought. She had an unpleasant look on her face but tried to be optimistic.....well she said they are kind of a strange crunchy thing....I had to clarify....we still remove the peanuts from the shell :hide: 

Years ago I stopped at one of those boiled peanuts roadside stands, NEVER AGAIN!

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Okay have any of you guys had REAL SMITHFIELD HAM ?  Guess what the hogs eat. Peanuts , hogs glean the fields after the peanuts are harvested. My ex wife's grandfather smoked his own Smithfield hams ,tasted better than the hams smoked by the local company. There is a small restaurant in the area that serves peanut soup . 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

And once again we've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that this website has.....

Gone nuts.  

• Haha 3