ANTPER

70's side discharge deck

ANTPER

Hello Folks

I'm not too familiar with belt length needed on my early cutting deck that I've hand around. Unlike the 3 n 400 deck belt that is one piece and goes from PTO on down to the four pulleys on the deck this is the version where the belt goes from PTO to just on one drive pulley in front of deck. Anyone know the length off hand? TIA

Anthony

gwest_ca

What is the width of cut?

36", 42" or 48"

All with 3 blades

ANTPER
7 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

What is the width of cut?

36", 42" or 48"

All with 3 blades

It measures 46" end to end with deflector attached. 36'' is the cutting area.

gwest_ca

May not be the deck you have but the belts will be the same.

Click on the fuzzy picture for more.

ANTPER

Yes that's the deck I have. Thanks very much

ANTPER

I'm looking at pdf and the belt I need which I believe is 35 is not listed in break down. I need the belt that wraps around the front main drive pulley on the deck onto the mule. The main deck drive pulley. Not the belt that drives blades. Thanks.

gwest_ca

Go up in this thread to the link added.

Click on the fuzzy picture and read the notes for this file.

Belts and blades are listed.

The CW (clockwise) and CCW (counter-clockwise) is the direction the blades turn when looking down at the top of the deck. Around this time Wheel Horse used both but they are not identified in the literature. This process figured out which ones they were.

CCW is a deck with left side discharge or rear discharge for those that have never seen one including me.

ANTPER
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Go up in this thread to the link added.

Click on the fuzzy picture and read the notes for this file.

Belts and blades are listed.

The CW (clockwise) and CCW (counter-clockwise) is the direction the blades turn when looking down at the top of the deck. Around this time Wheel Horse used both but they are not identified in the literature. This process figured out which ones they were.

CCW is a deck with left side discharge or rear discharge for those that have never seen one including me.

Sorry If I'm making this harder that it should be. Is my belt referred to as the spindle or drive belt? I'm leaning on # 102741. I'm not well experienced with these early decks with a drive one drive pulley. 

peter lena

@ANTPER   opportunity  is the word , that mule drive belt , is rotated by  6 bearings , usually , rough /  no lubricant , the mule bearings 4  , are easily removed , carefully  remove side shields , like a small pocket flat screwdriver or small flat putty knife , pop off shields . wipe out  lubricant , flush with carb cleaner , repack with a 550 drop point grease , lucas , marine /  or heavy duty , also lay out  disassembly , so it goes back the same spacer location  , vital . the related , PTO CONE , has 2 bearings , needle inside , needs a careful wipe out , re grease , LIGHTLY  with same lucas grease , outer sealed bearing , is available at napa .  this entire service is a part of the belt driven assembly , deck spindles , are the related other part . the easier / smoother / quieter , a belt drive moves , the better it is .  pete

• Like 1

gwest_ca

The belt from the engine to deck is the drive belt.

The belt running from spindle to spindle is the spindle belt.

There are some 2-spindle 32" and 37" decks that have only one belt running from the engine to the front idlers and on to the spindles.

• Like 1

ANTPER
Posted (edited)

The belt that link its calling for says its 96inch. That's way to long. Its gonna be 48inchs or shorter. I may just run to a local shop and bring the belt I have that's a few inch's too long and try that Russian roulette. 

Edited by ANTPER

peter lena

@ANTPER   have a local , tractor supply in your area ? they have good belts , you match up what you need , aramid  fiber , good stuff , pate

• Like 1

ANTPER
11 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@ANTPER   have a local , tractor supply in your area ? they have good belts , you match up what you need , aramid  fiber , good stuff , pate

Thanks for your assistance. 

• Thanks 1

gwest_ca

Interested in what size of belt you use.

• Like 1

ANTPER
6 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Interested in what size of belt you use.

I will and thanks on the effort with the deck info.