fourwheelhorseman

Looking at an 854

fourwheelhorseman

Anyhow, it’s missing the left hand belt guard ( or piece of sheet metal that covers the brakes linkage, lnot so much a belt guard) and the belt guard from the generator to the engine, are these hard to find?  I’d like them used if possible..

Pullstart

You might try a wanted ad, I know @WHX?? was been looking for a starter/generator guard for a small block as well.

WHX??

Yep those SG guards are hen's teeth unless you want to put up with FB idiots or make a pilgrimage to the Big Show. 

fourwheelhorseman
12 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Yep those SG guards are hen's teeth unless you want to put up with FB idiots or make a pilgrimage to the Big Show. 

Great! I need that and the smaller guard on the same side of the tractor. Is the smaller guard hard to find ? The one that covers the brake linkage.

fourwheelhorseman

So let me ask you guys this, it seems to me and my memory is a little foggy as I’ve been out of this for well over 20 years, but isn’t there a difference in the SG guards from a 702 to an 854 or is all that style the same? Maybe is the square hoods to the round hoods that the SG gaurd is different? I can’t remember..

WHX??
Posted (edited)

The 701 withstanding all small blocks interchangeable although some have three reinforcing ribs.

All large blocks interchangeable except for 953/1054 are unique to those models. 

The cover on the lower left side ... keep searching flea bay or the BS. Not easy to find but not impossible. That would be an easy cover to fab. 

Edited by WHX??