DEMO812

Start of an addiction?

DEMO812

You guys are awsome! I appreciate all the knowledge everyone is willing to share!  So glad I came to the right place... even though I feel dumb asking what should be pretty basic questions, but you guys are more than willing to help a newbie out!! Much appreciated!!

• Thanks 1

Blasterdad
4 hours ago, DEMO812 said:

20240324_153916.jpg

20240324_153911.jpg

Here is the link to your deck manual...Click om the fuzzy picture.

If you post the numbers on your ID plate on the tractor I can look it up for you too. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

DEMO812

Thank you! I will post the ID tag for for the mower tomorrow... 

• Like 1

WHX??
21 minutes ago, DEMO812 said:

Thank you! I will post the ID tag for for the mower tomorrow... 

The tag  for the tractor. We then can get you a O&M manual... operation & maintaining manual as well as a IPL ... illustrated parts list. 

• Like 1

DEMO812
Posted (edited)

Would a quadrant p/n 106392 be the same as a 106392-01? Saves me 20 bucks on ebay if so.. other wise I will play it safe and go with the other one...

Edited by DEMO812
Never mind! Got it ordered! Thanks blistered!
  • Like 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, DEMO812 said:

The lift cylinder leaks are they able to be rebuilt?

Yes kits are available. If it's the welded type. It can still be rebuilt. 

Take the four screws holding the tunnel cover on and see if there is a little pointer there that needs high lighting. 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Demo: :WRS: That should serve you well. Just take your time with it. Look at all the manuals for it when you can. And ask questions before action. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

DEMO812

20240325_193330.jpg

Blasterdad
Posted (edited)

1-0440 1973 Lawn & Garden Tractor 16 Hp Automatic Kohler K341S-71113A 16 Sundstrand 90-2046

It seems you have a bit of a Frankentractor going on.

According to the model number it's a '73 "no name" automatic, not a C-160....

But here's where it gets interesting, it has the correct sticker on the steering tower, but the sticker on the hood  is wrong for both tractors.

The '73 also had the motion control lever in the center of the tunnel below the steering wheel, but yours has the motion control lever high up on the right side like a C-160, but the C-160 wasn't made until 1974.

My best guess is it is a C-160 that a PO replaced the tower with a 73, they are known to crack where they bolt to the frame.

I have a C-160 someone put a 1971 Bronco tower on it, so it's not uncommon.

The '73 no name & the C-160 are pretty much the same tractor, just different motion lever locations.

Both are great tractors but I prefer the C-160's motion lever location like yours.

The spec number on the engine & the model tag on the transmission might help to narrow it down to what it actually is...:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Blasterdad
  • Excellent 3

DEMO812
14 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

1-0440 1973 Lawn & Garden Tractor 16 Hp Automatic Kohler K341S-71113A 16 Sundstrand 90-2046

It seems you have a bit of a Frankentractor going on.

According to the model number it's a '73 "no name" automatic, not a C-160....

But here's where it gets interesting, it has the correct sticker on the steering tower, but the sticker on the hood  is wrong for both tractors.

The '73 also had the motion control lever in the center of the tunnel below the steering wheel, but yours has the motion control lever high up on the right side like a C-160, but the C-160 wasn't made until 1974.

My best guess is it is a C-160 that a PO replaced the tower with a 73, they are known to crack where they bolt to the frame.

I have a C-160 someone put a 1971 Bronco tower on it, so it's not uncommon.

The '73 no name & the C-160 are pretty much the same tractor, just different motion lever locations.

Both are great tractors but I prefer the C-160's motion lever location like yours.

The spec number on the engine & the model tag on the transmission might help to narrow it down to what it actually is...:handgestures-thumbupright:

He did tell me the hood was retrofitted... but the rest I didn't know about... interesting.... thanks you!

• Like 1

WHGuy413

Welcome to the family. It’s an addiction for sure. They are like chips you can’t just have one. Great looking tractor. You can get some adjustment on your deck height. That 16hp will have plenty of power for most everything. 

Blasterdad
Posted (edited)

I forgot to add that your seat is in beautiful condition, very rare, guard it with your life, don't put anything on it except your butt !!! LOL. :lol:

Here's the manual for a '74 C-160 :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Blasterdad
typo
  • Thanks 1

DEMO812
1 hour ago, Blasterdad said:

I forgot to add that your seat is in beautiful condition, very rare, guard it wit your life, don't put anything on it except your butt !!! LOL. :lol:

Here's the manual for a '74 C-160 :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks for the manuals I really appreciate it! Thanks for the advice about the seat... I was wondering if it was original.. I take it they are hard to find? Maybe I put a cover on it or put it on a shelf for a few years... 😆 

Blasterdad
10 hours ago, DEMO812 said:

I was wondering if it was original.. I take it they are hard to find?

Yes & YES!!!

Some of us actually do take them off & put a "worker" seat on them for chore duty & save the good one for shows.

Those old two piece original :wh: seats are almost impossible to find in that good of shape, & if you do find one odds are they'll know that too, & want a very pretty penny for it. :techie-ebay:

• Like 1

DEMO812
Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2024 at 6:53 PM, Blasterdad said:

This is the trunnion and chain you will need for the lift arm, the trunnion goes in the rear hole on the rock shaft & the chain hooks into the rear hole on the lift arm.

:text-welcomeconfetti:

IMG_1238.JPG.1a21307f3b0ce2c0980232112ed7138f.JPG

Do you happen to have a P/N or know a good place to look for one?  If  not I'll look through the manual to see if I can find it... 

Edited by DEMO812

Blasterdad
12 hours ago, DEMO812 said:

Do you happen to have a P/N or know a good place to look for one?  If  not I'll look through the manual to see if I can find it... 

Lowell has them, (Wheel Horse Parts & More) in the vendors section.

I buy the eye bolt & chain at Tractor supply. :handgestures-thumbupright:

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/104524-toro-wheel-horse-lift-trunnion/

• Thanks 1