Sign in to follow this  
sodbuster

help identify this tractor

sodbuster

no id #s was told it is a 502?? also need clutch arm and shifter cover plate,tried to link photo bucket no luck

502wheelhorse004.jpg

502wheelhorse008.jpg

TT

Wow!......... That's a bit of a "mutt" you have there, Todd. :thumbs2:

There are parts from several different tractors there, but I'd say it's predominantly a 1962 with a touch of 1961 701 thrown in. The accessory toolbox in the battery box is a tell-tale sign of a 502, but you can't rule it out as a later addition.

The reason why it won't declutch correctly is because the Briggs has a bigger pulley than the original engine would have had (2.5" was the original O.D.) and the front of belt guard has been hacked off for clearance - resulting in the loss of the ability to guide the belt out of the engine pulley groove when tension is released.

Take a few more pictures of the tractor and post them when you can. The more pictures you can take of various areas, the bigger the possibility is for us to I.D. it correctly.

As far as the "shifter cover plate" goes - if it's what I think you're asking about, there never was one. Please clarify what you mean by "clutch arm" as well as the cover plate.

sodbuster
502wheelhorse013.jpg502wheelhorse011.jpg502wheelhorse009.jpg

sodbuster
502wheelhorse010.jpg502wheelhorse009.jpg

stevasaurus

sodbuster...scored a few parts at the show in Minn.

2008_09042009showLeSueur0002.jpg

the parking brake lever is what I think you are missing. You can have one...I need the other. Also scored a cover for that side of the tractor. While I need this one...

I can measure and trace it and send it to you along with the lever. Sorry...no little black knobs for the lever...have to fabricate. It is a flat kbob...black...and on the trianguler side. Torro may have something close.

Did you get the trans figured out? How about the mower deck?

You can PM me if you are interested in the part and give me your mailing address.

here is another shot of the cover..

2008_09042009showLeSueur0001.jpg

Let me know :scratchead: