mattg

37" mower deck belt

mattg

Hello,

trying to help my nephew, he acquired his first wheel horse...yay! It is a really nice 310-8 with a 37" side discharge mower, he is in need of a replacement belt for the deck. I haven't seen it yet but by the looks of the drawing on toro site it appears it's an all-in-one belt that runs from the motor through the mule drive and around deck pulleys? Numbers on mower are 05-37SC01, tractor numbers 21-10K806??

Thanks for any help!

Matt

Lee1977

There are two different belts for the 37" deck. One is a double vee the outer is a regular vee belt, the idlers are different to make each work. 

If he didn't buy it new it could be either one.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Click on each picture for more

peter lena

@mattg  those 37,s  are at best  a nightmare  waiting to happen , so many  idler , lubrication failures , along with belt tracking , angular belt twist , typical , stress cracking , lift points , pulled from deck . personally , think a R/D  36  deck , would be perfect , on that . sell off the 37 ,  e bay , Craig's list . if you get another deck , do a base line service on it , lubrication , blades .  used a 36 for years , bombproof . also look at the mule drive  PTO drive for easy movement . just my own experience , pete 

Brockport Bill
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@mattg  those 37,s  are at best  a nightmare  waiting to happen , so many  idler , lubrication failures , along with belt tracking , angular belt twist , typical , stress cracking , lift points , pulled from deck . personally , think a R/D  36  deck , would be perfect , on that . sell off the 37 ,  e bay , Craig's list . if you get another deck , do a base line service on it , lubrication , blades .  used a 36 for years , bombproof . also look at the mule drive  PTO drive for easy movement . just my own experience , pete 

hey Pete -- i had one of the 36 rd mower decks used for one season ( see photo) -- loved it -- terrific cut plus manuverable - lawn looked great - I  would recomend a 36 r.d. to anyone - - i sold it because i have moved to the hydro tractors so wanted to avoid the messy rear discharge clippings to the tranny fins --------------------------- I have had  a 312-8 since bought new in '89 -- including the 37 sd mower - bought it for the bagger feature which i use routinely for spring mowing lawn clean up as well as fall leaves -- the 37 has been good to me - - none of the 37 s.d. issues you noted  -- i did replace one pulley unit a bunch of yrs ago -- and then 2 yrs ago even tho deck shell etc was in good condition, I had the deck sandblasted and professionally primed and painted to get another 30 plus yrs from it - ( see photo )

wh C165 Running RMS.jpg

wh 36 inch r.d. mower top.jpg

wh 37 rehab RMS.jpg

wh 37 inch top.jpg

37 inch restore.jpg

peter lena

@Brockport Bill   had a couple of those 37 " decks , came with the unit , they were both  trashed , heavy rust , broken mounts , pulleys frozen , ended up selling the entire , set up and rear bagger unit too , for parts . guy from new York , came down for it , was glad to get it  ! agree with you on the R/D deck  discharge issue , but have 3 of those in the 42 " size . thanks for the shout , pete  

• Like 1

Brockport Bill
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@Brockport Bill   had a couple of those 37 " decks , came with the unit , they were both  trashed , heavy rust , broken mounts , pulleys frozen , ended up selling the entire , set up and rear bagger unit too , for parts . guy from new York , came down for it , was glad to get it  ! agree with you on the R/D deck  discharge issue , but have 3 of those in the 42 " size . thanks for the shout , pete  

i really like the 42 r.d. mower -- nice cut -- maybe it's just the agility of the 36 r.d. manuvering that i liked so much -- last summer i found 2 of the 42 rd's for sale together that had been left outside and were in horrble condition -- but one shell was solid -- the other had holes - I had to swap a spindle and some pulleys but was able to clean up the mess and make one nice mower I rehabbed ( photos ) and then sold -- the one item i would like to locate is a 42 recycler to use for fall leaf mulching - i found one i got in a package 3 yrs ago but never used it and didn't really understand or appreciate its ability and usefulness so i regretfully sold it -- wish i had it -- that's why i am on the lookout for another 42 r.d. recycler - - but they are apparently rare and not something i frequently see posted .

wh 42 rd Ct 1 final top view.jpg

wh 42rd. CT 1 top front view For Sale.jpg

wh 42 rd. mower bottom for sale.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1