81'GT-2500

Help 81' GT 2500 engine replacement

81'GT-2500

I have a 11 HP Briggs & Stratton 252417 Type 0245-01 on my Wheel Horse that is beyond repair. The piston somehow blew up and messed up the whole cylinder . I am trying to find a replacement. Are there any affordable engines that I could replace it with? I would prefer to just replace it with the same model engine but if not I would like to try and find one that i just have to bolt on and hook up. 

Sparky

The easiest engine swap would be to install another Briggs 11. Engine 
  Post up a wanted ad in our classifieds, someone’s gotta have one. 

:WRS:

• Excellent 1

kpinnc
1 hour ago, 81'GT-2500 said:

I would prefer to just replace it with the same model engine but if not I would like to try and find one that i just have to bolt on and hook up. 

If you find the same thing, that's great. If not, there's alot of options. Whatever came off of a similar long-frame tractor (1968-2007) will fit in most cases. Biggest change (if any) would be electrical. 

In short, if a repower is required it is fairly easy. 

• Like 2

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:

squonk

What part of NY are you from? I would think you should be able to find a complete 12-14 HP Kohler with the PTO and everything that would bolt right in. Change the ignition switch to battery style. add a voltage regulator and a little wiring and Boom Skak Laka. You could probably get everything you need at the Big Show in PA. 

• Like 1

Bill D
3 hours ago, squonk said:

What part of NY are you from? I would think you should be able to find a complete 12-14 HP Kohler with the PTO and everything that would bolt right in. Change the ignition switch to battery style. add a voltage regulator and a little wiring and Boom Skak Laka. You could probably get everything you need at the Big Show in PA. 

If you can find a 10-16 HP Kohler Magnum you won't have to make any major wiring changes.

• Like 1

Lee1977

Take the shaker plate off and the Wheel Horse large base Kohlers will bolt right to the frame. You will need the PTO bracket that bolts to the side of the frame over the hitch plate.

Might need the rod to, not sure the one off the Briggs will be long enough.