peter lena

3 in 1 bottle

peter lena

so simple and easy to , start  a movement functional ease ,  , very often see rusty connections that are , SAPOSED TO MOVE . weather its a clutch pedal  mount end , with oil hole in mount point !  or typically a connection cable thats long frozen in place . found this very effective , to anything rusty , even tried it on a  cloudy paint area , spread some on , lightly rub it in , let it sit wet for a day , rub it down till dry , might even break thru the , long neglected paint , just a suggestion , both ends of a  choke / throttle cable , related linkage ,   pete https://www.homedepot.com/p/3-IN-ONE-4-oz-Fast-Acting-Penetrant-Drip-Oil-120015/300719551?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D25S-025_031_GARAGE_AUTO-NA-Multi-NA-

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Treepep , @Maxwell-8  , if you get that , another related , YOU CAN,T DO THAT , area for a test is in / on a car body seam , like in a tailgate , lower seam  or trunk lid lower seam . couple days later , the seam will have an oil slick in it . this is very good stuff to try that with , put some similar in my car doors , lighter penetrating oil , is the creeper you want , the verification of creep  , is the carrier you want for a heavier gear oil aerosol , try it also under your hood , for seam penetration . go oily , Pete 

• Like 1

953 nut

I have used 3-in-One for years, good stuff. I will get some of their penetrating oil too.          :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 2

c-series don

I too have been using 3-n-1 oil since I was a kid. My dad always had it on hand. One of the things I like best about it is that sometimes you just need a little drop of oil. I don’t need a spray can of something that too much is going to come out of, I just need a drop or two of oil period that’s all. Like an interior door hinge for example, just a drop or two, nothing to make a mess! In fact I saved my old metal cans because I thought they were cool and would someday be made of plastic. Well wouldn’t you know! Yup, plastic now! 

• Like 1

peter lena

@c-series don   this the visual proof you want with a creeping penetrant  oil  , every time I see anything relatively new , thats rusted out , its just a basic follow up , to the issue ,  Napa , macs , chain / cable lube is good , and the price is also good . another thing , if you are spraying into a closed area with a top of area access , thats what you want , for  top to bottom spread of lubricant , make sense ?  look at any pick up tailgate , rotted out , so simple to stop that , cab doorway seaming , same thing , door trim removal , or screw removal , gives you a spray can tube or small bottle , squirt  opportunity . looking right at it , Pete