BBQVultureWings

Hello Everyone

BBQVultureWings

I am New here. Just aquired a Nice 257H with mowing deck, Snowblower attachment, all the brackets, pulleys, belts, hardware, manual & a spare transmission for $300.00. Always wanted 1 of these & would have prefered a Larger model but for the price & realistic needs... I will settle for this decent score. I have been doing all my own repairs most of my life. I also recently got back into mini bikes. I prefer the Carl Heald kit stuff well.... because a lot of that is Red too... some were blue & even black but I really like the Red Super Tryke & the Super Broncs. I remember wadding myself up many a time on my little minibike & being bruised up but still loved it. Anyway I am here to seek guidance along the way of getting my Wheel Horse 257H up & running as well as possible. Looking forward to Learning new things & maybe even being able to help others along the way. I will be posting More pictures as time will allow. I did post 1 in the members galleries section. it is just a quick shot of it in the back of the truck the day I got it home. I promise there will be many more to come. I have a good knowledge base in small engines & I have collected as much as I can as far as my small library of dealer/mechanic manuals goes. I jump all over that stuff at garage & estate sales when I can. I score a lot of equipment on Craigslist free stuff & fbmarketplace free stuff. My friends say I am a Vulture on those sites & I Love good BBQ so that's how I got my name... 

• Like 6

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 3

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Not everything in this list will apply to your new Horse, but it’s worth going over!

• Like 4

Achto

:WRS:

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

• Like 3

WHX??

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: !!!

We are happy to have you !

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:    the members here provide a vast knowledge base, so ask any, and as many questions you might have.  ;)

• Like 1

PWL216

I think you got a great deal. Any pics? 

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

• Like 1

wallfish

I like the Wheel Horse mini bike stuff LOL

1298004071_WHbikeoriginalengine.jpg.e24dd05f1405cb151c36937052b37a9a.jpg

363546809_CanAmGary.jpeg.832f8b815dfcc49e303b688253c4580c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Tractorhead

:text-welcomeconfetti:  to  :rs:

• Like 2

BBQVultureWings

Wow, Thanks for the nice warm Welcome Everybody! Been Super Busy. Should be at least getting a battery & checking some vitals on my 257H by the end of the week. The Hydro is either not spinninvg the trans or it may be a low on fluid or plugged up or something .... I know it runs because when I bought it the guy fired it up for me but it Just doesn't move when ya put it in gear.... It came with a spare Transmission, You can hear the Hydro run but nothing happens. I need to investigate obviously.... any suggestions would be really helpful. I vaguely remember reading about a filter that often gets plugged but I have had so many irons in the fire lately.... I just need to dedicate some time to it this week. That & take some more pictures of it also. I am beat from driving all day so off to bed for now... 

• Like 1

BBQVultureWings
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 12:22 PM, PWL216 said:

I think you got a great deal. Any pics? 

It's Late & dark outside. the attachments are on the side of the garage where there is no light at all so I will get pics of them tomorrow

Resized_whpanelclose - Copy.jpeg

Resized_whpanel - Copy.jpeg

Resized_whfbracket - Copy.jpeg

Resized_whfr - Copy.jpeg

Resized_whl2 - Copy.jpeg

Resized_whleft - Copy.jpeg

Resized_whr - Copy.jpeg

Edited by BBQVultureWings
  • Like 4