RED-Z06

Brinly 1000 Tandem disc overhaul.

RED-Z06

Ive used it for about an hour, works great but looked rough, and i want to preserve it.  After going through it, the hardware is in good shape, the gang bolts aren't worn but they do all have a slight bend to them...nothing too concerning, these are fairly expensive to replace so ill use them.  Discs have no wear but a few spots where the edges are eroded from sitting.  Its going down to a bare frame, nothing left strip and repaint, clean out the old grease and feed it new grease at the gangs.  Doing the rear 2 first and the rear frame sections, then the front 2 and hitch section.

20240225_101329.jpg

20240225_113028.jpg

20240225_113042.jpg

• Like 7

Wayne0

What's that green critter you're pulling it with?

• Haha 1

RED-Z06
14 minutes ago, Wayne0 said:

What's that green critter you're pulling it with?

445, unfortunately Wheel Horse wasnt real big on 3pt hitches on tractors, besides the D series i think only 2 models had them up to the Xi series.

peter lena

@RED-Z06 can relate to lubing a , lawn spiker / disc  set up , OPPORTUNITY  IS THE WORD , like Lucas  greases , XTR A ,HD green chassis grease , or lucas marine grease , is made for brutal set ups , also like red aerosol spray grease ,  tube extension . KROIL penetrating oil , will break thru just about any rusty set up , might even use a KEROSENE  spray down to get things going . also would not hesitate to  washer up /  firming those discs if you can . rotational movement ease , will  make a HUGE DIFFERENCE  , in your drag , good luck with it , Pete 

RED-Z06

One gang is back assembled again, should have the 2nd done shortly, as well as the 2 uprights and the 2 rear connector arms.  The rear crossmember I still have to strip, clean, prime and paint..but it should be done today.  That will wrap up the rear portion.

20240226_123829.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

RED-Z06

New decals should arrive soon, but its back in business.

I should flip the pins to the inside and put it on the 702🤣🤣

20240226_164323.jpg

20240228_094033.jpg

20240228_094044.jpg

20240228_101151.jpg

• Like 7

kpinnc
2 hours ago, RED-Z06 said:

I should flip the pins to the inside and put it on the 702🤣🤣

It would look nice on there, but your arm and back may not like you very much... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

RED-Z06
8 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

It would look nice on there, but your arm and back may not like you very much... :rolleyes:

My back already hates me🤣🤣.  I stripped every square inch of this thing with a 4" cup wire wheel on a grinder, abrasive discs, and a draw sander, a good 8hrs standing at a vise holding some kind of power tool.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Niiiiice work! 

You use an E tank at all?

RED-Z06
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Niiiiice work! 

You use an E tank at all?

I didn't.  The hardware, discs, and cast iron gang mounts spent a day in the heated ultrasonic but the grease was so hard that it really didnt do alot.

• Like 1

kpinnc
1 hour ago, RED-Z06 said:

My back already hates me🤣🤣.  I stripped every square inch of this thing with a 4" cup wire wheel on a grinder, abrasive discs, and a draw sander, a good 8hrs standing at a vise holding some kind of power tool.

I say this from recent personal experience... I hope you wore a mask or your sinuses will not like you either!

I have a bad habit of fixation. Welding and grinding both put my stupid head in the smoke/ dust way too often for way too long. I have hardly touched my current project for two days because of self inflicted sinus headaches. Nose full of black stuff is not good! 

The work on your disc set is awesome! Makes me wanna drag mine out and make it pretty! :thumbs:

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 2

RED-Z06
47 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

I say this from recent personal experience... I hope you wore a mask or your sinuses will not like you either!

I have a bad habit of fixation. Welding and grinding both put my stupid head in the smoke/ dust way too often for way too long. I have hardly touched my current project for two days because of self inflicted sinus headaches. Nose full of black stuff is not good! 

The work on your disc set is awesome! Makes me wanna drag mine out and make it pretty! :thumbs:

I wore a respirator for about 20 minutes but its been in the 80s and 70%+humidity so i have been blowing alot of stuff out my nose, alot of pollen too

• Like 1