WheelHorseVH

PTO Lever: Little Spring Huge Difference

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, WheelHorseVH said:

this is small potatoes and doesn’t come anywhere close to the restorations and improvements some of you guys make but this just made my night

I like potatoes. Big or small.  

It's the little things that often make the most difference.  

Nice work.  

• Like 7

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

:clap:

• Like 3

JoeM

I first though the PTO spring on this c141 was to take play out of the linkage and it does; but I think it is more to with the PTO brake. When off, it puts outward pressure on the bell hoop and applies the brake harder. 

A novel idea but could have been a little better designed.

Although I am pretty sure the PTO brake being so small is only there to keep the bell from turning when not in use.  :twocents-twocents:

image.png.235e0919c40818956e44792e5095338e.png

• Like 2

peter lena

@WheelHorseVH  don't have the brake pad set up on any of my 3 horses , once I freed up rotational movement , with correct grease , started to detail function , eliminated TRUNNION , switched over to a  HEIM JOINT , for that movement swivel , also detailed the start of lever move , next to battery tray , extra washers / grease , makes for a solid smooth set up , that dash area is a GOLD MINE , for improvements , and they are all easy . pete

Handy Don
4 hours ago, JoeM said:

the PTO brake being so small is only there to keep the bell from turning when not in use.

I agree with your assessment here. I think of it as a kind of parking brake--it holds it stopped but isn’t much good for stopping!

kpinnc
11 hours ago, WheelHorseVH said:

I know, this is small potatoes and doesn’t come anywhere close to the restorations and improvements some of you guys make but this just made my night. 

A working tractor is a happy tractor. :thumbs:

Some of the ugliest machines I've owned were some of my favorites. You just can't beat a worker! 

• Excellent 2

Lee1977

SAM-0307.jpg

SAM-0305.jpg

SAM-0306.jpg

I drilled out the holes to 5/8"  sawed one bushing half in two.. It's been 11 or 12 years still working great.

Also did the clutch shaft the sane way that is the reason I was doing that as the clutch was worn bad.

SAM-0311.jpg

SAM-0315.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 5

peter lena

@Lee1977  agree with you on that improvement !  found just doing a detailed look at  INTENDED FUNCTION , of a number of  connections , levers , that there is a simple solid improvement , looking  right at you ! nothing stopping you from  making it better , and its often hiding in plane site !  stay at it ! Pete 

• Like 1