Brockport Bill

Hydraulic lift noise ?

Brockport Bill

how much noise should there be when engaging the hydraulic lift valve to lift plow, etc? My c175 hydro makes a whine noise at the beginning, middle and end of the lift lever engagement?

kpinnc

Depends on what load you have on it. Mine makes noise lifting a deck, but is quiet until reaching the stops with no load. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Depends on what load you have on it. Mine makes noise lifting a deck, but is quiet until reaching the stops with no load. 

I'd say that's true for mine with the Big snowplow on it. 

Many hydraulic systems make a noise of some sort just being operational. At the end of travel it's MUCH louder due to pressure spikes. 

• Like 2

peter lena

@Brockport Bill  DON,T  have hydraulics , but do know that cold hydraulic oil , is  a functional problem , how about a KATS MAGNETIC HEATER FOR THAT SET UP ? they come in magnetic pads and a  magnetic hard stick on , for oil supply area . just a thought , hot oil Pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@TractorEd  done a number of cold weather starting improvements , for my cold sheds . personally like the BATTERY TENDER plug in and an incandescent  rough service 60 watt bulb in a 8"  Walmart reflector , under my engines , reflector is standing on  squeeze clamp end , held vertically in place by TECH  a  matic  frame ,  hitch , under engine , starts are instant , quick warm ups . the REPITITION OF A PROBLEM IS YOUR GREATEST OPPORTUNITY , TO MAKE THAT PROBLEM GO AWAY . use this on my 3 horses . it works , https://www.walmart.com/ip/Champion-Electronics-8-5-Aluminum-Clamp-Light-150-Watt-Max-Bulb-Not-Included/889980959?wml  pete

• Like 2

squonk

Try switching to Mobil 1 in the hydro if you haven't already. I had a C-145 that did that and it quieted it down quite a bit. 

• Like 3

RED-Z06

Pretty normal to get some whine when moving. At the stops you'll get a pretty pronounced squeal because the system is bypassing the high pressure.

• Like 1