fourwheelhorseman

Question about seat repairs.

fourwheelhorseman

I have a three piece seat that I just purchased, the vinyl has been repaired a time or two over the years. The repairs look pretty solid. I would like to replicate this repair on a different seat. However I’m unsure of what they used, it looks like a plastic, flexible rubber that was black. Any idea what it could be? Another way of saying this.. what is the best stuff on the market to glue vinyl, fill in cracks and hold together for years down the road? It’s also black, I’ve seen it before on other seats, but have never been able to identify it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

wallfish

Try it on something else first. I used liquid electrical tape on a couple of seats and it holds up well. Electric isle in home depot or lowes. :twocents-02cents:

p_1000751619.jpg.6c74139e6e1bae1cefe9b37076851a72.jpg

• Like 4

fourwheelhorseman
14 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Try it on something else first. I used liquid electrical tape on a couple of seats and it holds up well. Electric isle in home depot or lowes. :twocents-02cents:

p_1000751619.jpg.6c74139e6e1bae1cefe9b37076851a72.jpg

Hey! I already have some of that, I’ve just never thought of using it on seats. Thanks!

• Like 2

fourwheelhorseman

Well i applied it to my seat, I coated it rather thick twice. I warmed the seat up before applying. I’ll let ya know how it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 5

wallfish
19 hours ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

Well i applied it to my seat, I coated it rather thick twice. I warmed the seat up before applying. I’ll let ya know how it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

Without pics it didn't happen! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

fourwheelhorseman

I’ll take some this eve.. 😉

• Like 2

Handy Don
On 2/10/2024 at 7:41 PM, fourwheelhorseman said:

The repairs look pretty solid.

Note the baseball stitching. That’s what is really holding the seat together. The liquid tape (a great idea, IMHO) is sealing it up.

• Like 1

fourwheelhorseman
3 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Note the baseball stitching. That’s what is really holding the seat together. The liquid tape (a great idea, IMHO) is sealing it up.

I agree, however there are two more repairs that havnt had the stitching work done, I’m hoping the tape does its job.. otherwise it’s back to saving up for new cushions and covers… which I should do anyhow. I have a set of armrest brackets for these seats I’m most likely going to sell as well. 

• Like 1

fourwheelhorseman
On 2/13/2024 at 12:38 PM, wallfish said:

Without pics it didn't happen! LOL

Here ya go! It seems pretty solid. Hoping it holds up until I can get new cushion and back. 

IMG_1998.jpeg

IMG_1997.jpeg

• Like 2

wallfish
1 hour ago, fourwheelhorseman said:

Here ya go! It seems pretty solid.

It is, it smells exactly like the Plasi Dip stuff for doing tool handles. Think it's the same compound

image_18397.jpg.a1936426f17751be26c6164b958c9cb4.jpg

• Like 1