courtneysg3

where does the choke linkage go on a 1987 wheel horse 211-4

courtneysg3

hello I have a mid 1980s wheel horse 211-4 That I bought for $120 last month. I am having a little trouble putting the choke linkage and the spring for the governor back on correctly I am new to small engines and wheel horse engines. the engine that is in my wheel horse 211-4 is a briggs and stratton 252707-0824-01 if anyone could send me a diagram to show me where the linkages go that would be nice. again I am new to small engines so I don't know if I said the proper names of the spring that hooks up to the throttle rod or not

RED-Z06

Haven't had one of these in front of me in a decade but the older mechanical style were all basically the same, you will have an arm on the engine that sticks up and rotates left and right...that will hook to the throttle on the carb.  Then on the throttle mechanism where the cable attaches...you will have something that pivots.  Thr spring will hook to a "tab" on the pivot and to the arm on the engine, so its slack at idle, tighter at full throttle.  Then there will be a choke arm that only moves at the end of the stroke of thr pivot arm..the choke link hooks to it.

Screenshot_20240208_083257_YouTube.jpg

gwest_ca

Sometimes the engine operator manuals have illustrations of the carb linkage that are not in the service manuals.

• Like 1