Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Removing rear hitch on 654

Rogue

Hello :thumbs:

Does anyone know how this thing comes out? I took out both the snap rings. From the parts diagram I don't see anything else but the post/pipe going through. Looks like it should just knock out. I don't want to smack the ctap out of it, it's attached to the tranny :thumbs2:

Is there anything I'm missing?

Someone ground the lift hitch off of it so I got one to replace it with the lift cable.

dscf2477o.jpg

dscf2478f.jpg

dscf2479t.jpg

WHC-125

Yea you got everything off and it "should" slide out easily but from being a 60 year old tractor it is rusted in there. Just try soaking it with PB blaster and anything else you can find to get it loose. And those hitches are suppose to move up and down not stay standard like that :thumbs2:

Rogue

Yeah, this doesn't move. I've been soaking it in the PB Blaster. thinking of going to get something to set the tractor on so I can take the wheel off and get a better crack on the end. I just hate to hit anything that hard that is attached to the tranny.

Rollerman

Ro better look over this thread right here.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=11747

There's a lot of good answers in it in the responses Volvoman got.

Personally I just cut the hitch off "carefully" between the trans & slot hitch just like the above thread.

I've always found it was easiest to remove one this way...for me. :thumbs2:

Always work the pin through also from the thin side of the trans to the thicker.

Rogue

Thanks for the link Rollerman.

I;ll spray for a few days and try again. I did get some up down movement on it. Unfortunately it takes a mini sledge to move. ha-ha.