Achto

Polishing Stainless Steel

WHX??

Shoulda brought it over I have a buff on a bench grinder with a stainless wheel. 

Did a bike build with polished SS hardware... never again! 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Achto
24 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Did a bike build with polished SS hardware... never again! 

Agree with that !! Had this been aluminum I would have been done in one night.

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

• Thanks 1

c-series don

Looks like it’s chrome! Beautiful job 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

squonk

Before I retired, I took care of 13 ice machines in the hospital. PM's every 3 month's. Complete tear downs and cleaning. When ever I showed up at a machine I was put off by the way the stainless looked. The cleaning staff had stainless polish and it pretty much left a mess. Looked like crap. So I experimented. I had an old parts unit and I tried different cleaners on it and they all looked lousy. Finally I wiped ice machine cleaner along the grain of the metal. Even though the label said " DO NOT USE ON STAINLESS STEEL" looked fantastic.

• Excellent 3

peter lena

@Achto  have a number of  316 FOOD GRADE  STAINLESS , pieces and  nuts / bolts , polished some , but more important to me is its durability , even my S/S TIG  wire  has incredible  strength , for hooks and  PREFORATED  STAINLESS  , is also very good for make up mounts . we had , dozens of open dumpsters  at the  plant , what ever we used in production , had used /scrap , Hastelloy /  titanium /  all metals / Pyrex glass /  could easily get a foreman pass / for dumpster diving /  did a lot of that . 17 years out now , running low on goodies , wish I had made up , more S/S plow blade wear strips /  yada /  yada , pete    

• Like 3

Wayne0

Black then tan than white. Never used green, but red worked for me to get that shine.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1