wh5208speed

Finally got a loader!

ebinmaine

AWESOME 

• Like 1

PWL216

Excellent! I’d be interested in seeing what factory counterweight looks like. Congrats!

• Like 1

wh5208speed
7 minutes ago, PWL216 said:

Excellent! I’d be interested in seeing what factory counterweight looks like. Congrats!

Here is a poor angle of the counter weight bucket. In the 2nd photo you can see there is a hollow tube that slides into the loader subframe.. There is two of these hollow tubes on each side of the bucket. I also attached the photo of the suitecase counter weights I plan to use.

image.png.8fc86b860e05506429b8e5e8d4ee32ec.png

314-2.jpg.9a01404ec64648e10307bf7cfdbc2aeb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Blasterdad

So you're the one that snagged that loader, great score, I saw it in the classifieds but too far away for me.

It looks like you had a :wh: set up waiting for it, repowered C-81 with a 520 swept front axle, same tractor setup I have set aside for my bucket list loader project!

Congrats & MORE PICS PLEASE, Lucky Dog!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Blasterdad
typo
  • Like 3

JCM

Looks nice next to that 2720 as well.  :thumbs:

• Like 2

wh5208speed
1 hour ago, Blasterdad said:

So you're the one that snagged that loader, great score, I saw it in the classifieds but too far away for me.

It looks like you had a :wh: set up waiting for it, repowered C-81 with a 520 swept front axle, same tractor setup I have set aside for my bucket list loader project!

Congrats & MORE PICS PLEASE, Lucky Dog!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

My favorite Wheel Horse is a C-161-8 speed. I had two of them setup with the 520 axle and gear reduction steer (one of them has a C-81 hood because it was in perfect shape for a restoration). Not sure how fun this would be to steer without the gear reduction steering.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, wh5208speed said:

Not sure how fun this would be to steer without the gear reduction steering.

We have the incredible Backhoe with FEL built by @wallfish

This is a 416-8 chassis. 

Steering is a workout for sure. Definitely doable though. 

c-series don

Well, I tell you. It’s not that fun ! You really have to be moving to turn if you have a bucket of soil. That’s certainly a nice loader you picked up 👍🏻 I have the same one one a C-141 8-Speed, also a C-161 8-Speed but no swept front axle. 

IMG_8266.jpeg

IMG_7916.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Blasterdad
1 hour ago, wh5208speed said:

My favorite Wheel Horse is a C-161-8 speed.

I just happen to have one of those too... Ok, two, one's an automatic, my favorites also. :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

I happen to have one of those too! 🤣🤣

IMG_4346.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

sergeant
20 hours ago, wh5208speed said:

Been on the hunt for a Wheel Horse loader ever since I saw one at the 3rd Wheel Horse Collector Club show in 2001...clear back in the Yahoo Group days. The loaders always seemed to be overpriced, in terrible shape, or part of a larger package deal that was more than I was looking for. This one was a long way from home (about 2,000 mile round trip)...but was only about 1.5hrs from a place I needed to take a work trip. Decided to cancel my flight and drive. 

The forecast for the drive back called for snow....so I decided to stop at Home Depot and get a can of Fluid Film to cover the loader to prevent any rust that might occur on the original paint. Just emptied the whole can on it:D When I got home and the temp warm above freezing, I took it to the car wash and cleaned it off. Fluid Film is an amazing product.

In original shape and included the rear weight counterbalance (not attached) and original manual. Intend to fill the rear tires with RimGuard and use the suitcase weight bracket as a counterbalance (factory bracket that came with Bervac Snowblower) as it doesn't stick so far out like the original counterbalance bucket does. I've had a Deere compact loader for years and they are very useful....but this has always been on my wish list, and I just couldn't pass it up. If anyone has a lead on where I could buy forks for this small loader, I would be appreciative! 

Thad (Ohio)

05.jpg.a7c973d5ec20a47651ea16f1853852b7.jpg04.jpg.3d92a2c54e0f201d3df8717025e89437.jpg

I use these Titan forks https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LBIJMQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 on My JD X748 with a 45 loader.

You're already spoiled. Now You Had a Tractor with Power Steering and a Loader. I have 3 Loader tractors right now, 2 with Power steering (JD 2025R and X748) and 1 without power steering (White GT2055). I started with a non-power steering Tractor in 1999. 10 Month Later, I bought a tractor that I no Longer Have with Power steering and a JD 40 Loader, as I just hated the Lack of Power steering. I loaned My Non Power steering Tractor with Kwik-way Loader to My older brother, and He just uses it for snow removal and occasional mulch work, and even in those Jobs the Lack of Power steering is not a Nice thing.

Edited by sergeant
  • Like 1

WHX??

Nice ! :handgestures-thumbsup: Welcome to the Horse FEL club! 

16 hours ago, wh5208speed said:

Fluid Film is an amazing product.

Never heard of it will have to try a can. 

I got these clamp ons from Titan  attachments. https://www.palletforks.com/

They make the front end real heavy with a decent load but ok for moving around a deck on a pallet or other light work like unloading a HF tool box. 

Cat's meow would be quick attach brackets like your JD. Move the weight to closer to the tractor. 

I couldn't live without them on the big tractor. 

Hooks on the bucket a must. 

Another nice accessory is a clamp on receiver hitch you can use on the JD bucket too.  Horse will get light in the rear with a heavy trailer even with a weight box. 

20211025_170013.jpg

20220323_143922.jpg

20230516_080715.jpg

20230821_104015.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3

RED-Z06

The yahoo groups were a trip back in 01-03 era, Jerry "oldandred" knew his stuff but definitely didnt like me at all 🤣🤣

• Like 1