gretle_2.0

520H tiller fit?

gretle_2.0

Hey guys I saw this post close to me and was wondering if this tiller would work for my 520H. Says it comes with center pulley and belt but I’m thinking I need more parts to fit it up in my tractor?

IMG_2568.png

• Like 1

rokon

It looks like the same one that fits on my 520h. The belt and center idler pulley are a nice bonus you don't have to look for. You do need the rear lift cable and rock shaft setup if your machine doesn't already have them to raise and lower the tiller. Oh, and the rear axle quicktach bracket, same one snowplow would mount to. 

• Like 2

kpinnc
14 minutes ago, rokon said:

You do need the rear lift cable and rock shaft setup if your machine doesn't already have them to raise and lower the tiller. Oh, and the rear axle quicktach bracket, same one snowplow would mount to. 

Absolutely correct- and far easier to find than the tiller itself.

I haven't used my tiller in years, and it will only get sold when my last tractor goes with it. While most Wheel Horse implements work well, the 36 rear tiller is truly a beast. It can do some serious work! 

• Like 2

c-series don

WheelHorsePartsandmore sells everything you need, they are a vendor here. Check the tines on the tiller if they come to a point they are worn and will not work well. 

• Like 1

JCM

I recently sold my tiller that came with my 77 C-120 to EB. It is a mid 1990's model.Never used it and lately been in a selling spree around here. Everything eventually is for sale.

• Like 1

gretle_2.0

Yeah just checked the tines from the pictures and they are definitely completely worn out :/

• Sad 1

JAinVA

I have had my tiller hooked to a hydro and while it works  it HUNTS a lot. I hate to say it but a manual works better with a tiller.

• Like 2

c-series don

This is why I recently bought a 418-8 with electric lift. Eventually it will be my dedicated tiller tractor, after I install the rear rockshaft. I’ve always tilled with a hydrostatic transmission. I think the 18HP 8-Speed with electric lift is going to be a great combo for tilling.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

JAinVA

I have a 400 series with a Predator 13 horse. and 8 speed. II is my dedicated tiller tractor. I have found that the tiller is very difficult to change from one Horse to the another.

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

c-series don

That’s why I have a back up tiller tractor 😜😂 my C-165-Automatic! This tiller I bought used when I was 15 years old (almost 40 years ago) paid 100 dollars for it and it’s on its third set of tines. I am in the process of restoring another tiller for the 418-8. No idea why I have two rototillers and no garden?🤣 I only till 12 horseshoe pits once or twice a year for my fire department’s fundraiser. 

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_7170.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Brockport Bill

luvin the photos of your collection Don

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JoeM
10 hours ago, c-series don said:

I only till 12 horseshoe pits once or twice a year for my fire department’s fundraiser.

Perfect!

I have the whole set up too. Use above ground planters and local farmer market. 

• Like 2

lynnmor

I searched for the tiller the OP was interested in and found it.  I have never seen tiller blades worn so much, just straight blades remaining.

I believe that A-Z Tractor was selling a blade kit for considerable money.

I use a tiller on my 520H tractors and find it is pathetic because of the pushing of the hydro and the shallow depth of cut.  To plant a garden, plow first and then till to break up the clods.  YMMV.

• Like 1

Bill D
14 hours ago, c-series don said:

That’s why I have a back up tiller tractor 😜😂 my C-165-Automatic! This tiller I bought used when I was 15 years old (almost 40 years ago) paid 100 dollars for it and it’s on its third set of tines. I am in the process of restoring another tiller for the 418-8. No idea why I have two rototillers and no garden?🤣 I only till 12 horseshoe pits once or twice a year for my fire department’s fundraiser. 

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_7170.jpeg

Love the shop.  What brand of air compressor is that?  Looks like an older Champion.

• Like 1

c-series don
Just now, Bill D said:

Love the shop.  What brand of air compressor is that?  Looks like an older Champion.

That sir is a Dayton Speedair that actually came from Rolle Bros. Which was the local Wheel Horse dealer, now long gone.

• Like 2

Easton Rich

Don I love the chrome on the 400 series back there!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

c-series don

@Easton Rich That’s my 420-LSE, has 22 original hours on it and signed by Cecil Pond. I’d park it in my living room if I could!! But number one it won’t fit through the door and number two I like being married if you know what I mean!! 

• Like 1

Sailman

I have used my C-160 Hydro to break the ground with a brinley plow. Follow up with a C-120 and plow blade to level the furrows. Finish with the 418-8 and tiller. Does a great job but the tiller is a handful to install.

• Like 1