JCM

Favorite motorized things you have owned

The Freightliner Guy
On 1/20/2024 at 2:09 PM, lynnmor said:

It was hard parting with this pair, they were ridden in nearly all snow states across the country.  Old age with bad knees, salted roads and less and less trails pushed me to the decision to give it up after 40+ years.

P9150011.JPG.36375ec72e627a8f2c5a9a513e39bbe9.JPG

the yamahas of that time were very cool they had crotch rocket motors so you could get them to make alot of power but they were heavy heavy. but great for trails i know they had mountain sled versions not sure how those do

lynnmor
1 hour ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

the yamahas of that time were very cool they had crotch rocket motors so you could get them to make alot of power but they were heavy heavy. but great for trails i know they had mountain sled versions not sure how those do

Yes, off trail they were a handful, back in the day fans of other brands would call them tuna boats.  In many ways I enjoyed my Phazers more because of the light weight.  The photo I posted was the day of the sale, I just took them out of the trailer for photos when a customer for my shop pulled in.  He bought them on the spot, at least the pain was short lived like ripping off a Band-aid.

• Like 3

The Freightliner Guy
58 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

Yes, off trail they were a handful, back in the day fans of other brands would call them tuna boats.  In many ways I enjoyed my Phazers more because of the light weight.  The photo I posted was the day of the sale, I just took them out of the trailer for photos when a customer for my shop pulled in.  He bought them on the spot, at least the pain was short lived like ripping off a Band-aid.

nice! we have two phazers ones a 91 the other is a modded out 86 and its super light! has the tunnel from a new polaris same with the skid and track. tho the lugs have been cut and it jumps awesome! super lightweight super fun hey if you want it we are thinking of selling the 86

• Like 1

ML3
12 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

nice! we have two phazers ones a 91 the other is a modded out 86 and its super light! has the tunnel from a new polaris same with the skid and track. tho the lugs have been cut and it jumps awesome! super lightweight super fun hey if you want it we are thinking of selling the 86

Have a 700 Yamaha SVX Viper & a 700 Venture touring sled. Still have an 86 Phazer that just won't quit & always starts on 1st pull- I never use the electric start. Still holding onto the 77 Artic Cat Kitty Kat. Kids started riding it at 3yrs old. 

• Like 2

C-85

This is our '71 M35A2 Deuce and a Half cargo truck w/winch.  We take it to car shows, parades, events, and to go for an ice cream or ride!

IMG_0307.PNG.5911dff4989c3dbb8bfdb84ff98851c5.PNG

If you notice the front bumper I put PMCS on it, which short for - Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services, and DINOWL, which is short for - Do It Now Or Walk Later!  In the Army we lived by these words!

1153680643_Picsasof2-02-20464.JPG.8be52bb559a7475001106ee113baf2fe.JPG

C-85

• Like 7

Sparky

I’ve had motorcycles, boats, IROC Camaros, a Corvette….but this old 64 small back window, short bed step side is the one I wish I still had. 
  So cool B)!

Yes that’s me sitting in it…around 1985 or 86 I think. 

IMG_1462.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

IMG_1465.jpeg

IMG_1466.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, Sparky said:

So cool B)!      And I'm diggin the custom audio system.

IMG_1464.jpeg

• Haha 4

Sparky
40 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yep! One 6x9 strategically placed on the dash :D

• Haha 6

C-85

The 64-66 Chevy trucks body styles are my favorite of all time! :banana-wrench: I like the later ones like the 67-72 and 73-87s too, but those mid 60s may be the coolest style!

C-85

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Going thru some vintage pics and found the '41 Plymouth.     Always felt they had one of the best front ends.  I had forgotten I owned this beauty for several years.

104_2847.JPG.35f883ddd862b168ce6f97590a0cfd51.JPG

• Like 5

Handy Don

A Rupp mini-bike I bought as an adult.

4.5 HP, fully suspended, torque converter, fenders, etc. It was the top of the line in its day.

It was $30 at a garage sale by the parents after their son moved away and left it behind!

After a few years of fun, including getting my Mom to give it a try, and no longer having a safe place to use it, I passed it on never thinking it’d be an investment as a classic!

image.png.398783c651d26140c00442d9b3c1a354.png

(Image from the internet, I couldn’t find a picture of mine)

• Heart 2

ANTPER

Polaris XP1000 Sportsman limited with power steering and 3 power levels and 68 Olds Cutlass. Cutlass was bought new from my Aunt and I towed it home with rope in the 80s and restored it.

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

• Excellent 3

JCM

Pictured here is the last Motorcycle I will ever own unfortunately. There comes a time when you just don't want to push it over the limit and regret it. This picture with a friend of mine is in another thread on here but deserves another look. I was very fortunate to have been able to ride Dual Sport Motorcycles with a legend in the sport. Amazing individual at work or play. The picture of us both getting ready for a great ride, Don was in his early 80's, remarkable. If anyone is interested check out an article written on the 1962 Daytona 200 road race winner on a Triumph Don Burnett.  Magazine. Cycleworld.com  May 1962. His racing # 14. Also google has info on him too,  Note, I was never, ever, ever able to pass this man in the woods even after 50 years of riding, nor did I try . Yes Don is still with us and goes to work at his repair garage 5 days a week.   :notworthy:   :auto-dirtbike:   Miss the bike.

20210515_135805.jpg

P1012602.JPG

P1012605.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sailman

My favorite "wish I still had" would be my 1965 Pontiac GTO. Red with black vinyl top, Hurst 4 speed, posi-traction rear end with 389 and 4 barrel carb (not 3 deuces). That thing would do some burnouts! Unfortunately no picture from back then :(

Been riding Harley's since then and have owned many. Bought and flipped a bunch in the GFC of 2008-2009. My best favorites were the SE Deuce (had 2 of them), the SE Fat Boy (had 2 of them...currently still have one I am never selling)...quintessential Harley with 103 CI engine. These were the CVO bikes Harley built ...Custom Vehicles Operation built with special chrome, paint, engines, etc.

Current distance cruiser with my wife is a 2006 Road King with built 95 CI engine and 108 HP and 114 Ft. Lbs of torque. Has a custom built 6 speed transmission (runs 80 mph at 2800 rpm). Cruise control and air shocks its my go to distance bike.

100_0742.JPG

Fatboy with bags and stuff.jpg

100_1490.JPG

Edited by Sailman
  • Excellent 1

PWL216

1996 Harley Nostalgia. I very much regret selling it. They made the Nostalgia series from 1993-1996, they made 2700 of each year, each year in a different color. In my opinion, the best looking motorcycles Harley ever made. I drove from Boston to Detroit to pick mine up.

C767B2FF-CC1D-4264-9BFC-3257C3ACCFDD.jpeg

Edited by PWL216
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977

SAM-1237.jpg

SAM-1238.jpg

We built parts for 6 of these in the mill shop. Two like the mine the others no stainless and with solid forks. I Got parts for two don't know who got the others, I guess other people in the shop.

I gave the second plain one to my younger cousin. Started out with chain clutch and then changed to a BorgWarner torque converter with a Kohler K91. It would run 45 MPH with the Kohler and Torque converter. Then the Hodak Super Rat don't know how fast it is, had to around 70 or 75 hit 5 gear and pulled the front wheel.

• Excellent 2