BairleaFarm

Sold off everything

BairleaFarm

I spend a lot of time and money on things and Made a decision last month to make some changes.   If it doesn't improve me as a person or my homestead Im getting rid off it.  My last wheel horse was sold yesterday and I traded one of my 420 deeres for a little bit bigger tractor.

Ive got some parts of stuff ill sell off or scrap and am left with the Honda repowered JD 420(my mower) and this 1954 Ferguson to30.  I do alot of 3ph stuff and the GTs just were not big enough.

received_1296438284354091.jpeg

received_3664605417149527.jpeg

• Like 9

ebinmaine

Those old fergies are a good rig

• Like 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, BairleaFarm said:

I spend a lot of time and money on things and Made a decision last month to make some changes.   If it doesn't improve me as a person or my homestead Im getting rid off it.  

That makes sense and I have been purging a bit as well.  There has to be a happinesses factor in there - you have to decide if more financial freedom or a couple old Horses is what brings it.  I know that having these little fellers around makes me pretty happy, and using them for chores vs. new stuff brings extra ching ching in my pocket.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

BairleaFarm
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Those old fergies are a good rig

that's what I've heard.   Next week its supposed to be in the 50s so I should be able to get it rewired so I can driver her around.  Plus I need some driveway work done.

45 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I know that having these little fellers around makes me pretty happy, and using them for chores vs. new stuff brings extra ching ching in my pocket.

Not having storage for them could be part of my aggravation.   I sold them for what I have in them so If the bug bits again ill get another one or three.   Ive got some other stuff in life I want to get done so its more of a time issues vrs a money issues I think.

• Like 3

Treepep
4 hours ago, BairleaFarm said:

I spend a lot of time and money on things and Made a decision last month to make some changes.   If it doesn't improve me as a person or my homestead Im getting rid off it.  My last wheel horse was sold yesterday and I traded one of my 420 deeres for a little bit bigger tractor.

Ive got some parts of stuff ill sell off or scrap and am left with the Honda repowered JD 420(my mower) and this 1954 Ferguson to30.  I do alot of 3ph stuff and the GTs just were not big enough.

received_1296438284354091.jpeg

received_3664605417149527.jpeg

That is the first tractor that I ever tucked into with my father as a young man.  6v positive ground changed to 12v negative ground.  I came home from elementary school one day to find dad and an uncle had split the old girl in half for a clutch rebuild.  I didnt think it would ever be back together in my young mind.  It is at an aunts house however still running and working on her smaller homestead.  Great old tractor.  I would keep!:D

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2