Beap52

double smoked bacon

ebinmaine

Bacon.     🥓 🥓 🥓      ❤️

• Like 1

Pullstart

Woah!  Yum!  Have you explained the process before?  It seems you’ve mentioned it maybe?  Either way, I have been known to re-smoke a smoked ham from the store.  How does twice smoked bacon fare compared to once smoked?

D_Mac
3 hours ago, Pullstart said:

How does twice smoked bacon fare compared to once smoked?

Twice as good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beap52
12 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Woah!  Yum!  Have you explained the process before?  It seems you’ve mentioned it maybe?  Either way, I have been known to re-smoke a smoked ham from the store.  How does twice smoked bacon fare compared to once smoked?

I think I discussed twice smoked bacon last winter.  What I'm doing is using my cold smoke pellet smoke generator.  I sit the generator on the shop floor inside a metal collection box with a 4" flexible aluminum dryer vent heading upwards to a shelf with a hole that allows the smoke to flow inside one of the Brinkman smokers.  The bacon is laid on the grill and allowed to absorb the smoke for about 2 1/2 hours.  It indeed is "Twice as good."  My wife really likes the double smoke bacon and uses it in navy beans.  I only smoke when the temps are no higher than  mid thirties. Of course it's not cooked but frying a cast iron skillet full sure makes the kitchen smell good.  I too have double smoked hams--that's good eatin' right there!  I've also smoked corned beef.  It's usually on sale after St. Patrick's Day an once smoked it's pastrami. When we are camping, we always bake  biscuits or cinnamon rolls, trout over an open fire on my special built Brinkman smoker.

smoke_cinnamon_rolls.jpg

smoke bisquits.jpg