Bill D

What do you have for an Air Hose Reel

Bill D

I need to buy a new air hose reel to replace my Kobalt reel. I was wondering what folks on here have in their shops.  Thanks.

ebinmaine

I just recently got this:

880700206_Screenshot_20240104_164712_Chrome2.jpg.8d413cc036d5e48eb8422d5ce6603035.jpg

Fully manual operated. Decent price. Quality feels good. 

I haven't mounted it yet.  

Fleeebay number 285209113285

• Like 2

squonk

I got one of these HF ones $25

100 Ft. Manual Steel Air Hose Reel

• Like 5

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, squonk said:

I looked at those and decided to get one with solid sides because where kine is mounted it's a crooked angled pull from the wall.  

• Like 1

RJ Hamner

I have the same reel as EBINMAINE

Been using it for about 4 years now.  no problems

• Like 1

ri702bill
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, squonk said:

100 Ft. Manual Steel Air Hose Reel

I have an older version of that from HFT - with the blue hose. Got it tossed in when I bought a 60 gallon 5 HP 220 volt single phase Craftsman upright compressor a few years ago. I knew the guy selling it - he bought it to paint the siding of his house and was done with it...

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 3

ri702bill

Sorry no picture, but I still use an OLD SCHOOL hose holder from my spray painting days. A metal wire milk crate from a long closed local dairy. It holds 100 feet of 3/8" hose - two 50 footers and a good quility water seperator / pressure regulator between them.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

I use one of these... 

image.jpeg.5d35bae231b6965a4586c3d02369ba58.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Achto

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Bill D said:

I need to buy a new AIR HOSE REEL 

9 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I use one of these... 

Jim Ole Boy....

• Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Jim Ole Boy....

No fooling' I use it (electric cord reel) for my air hose... works like a charm and cost nothing... had it in the garage... :handgestures-thumbupright:

You guys need to get out of your box more often... :ychain:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??
Posted (edited)

Yah EB he just ain't right... this electric thing of his is just getting wwwaaayyy outta hand... :unsure:

I have one like EB but the swivel is shot. Have yet to find a replacement so I just disconnect it when I need to use it.

Also have this. Hard piped into the shop air system. I think I only paid 50 for it while most are over a Franklin. Don't remember where I got it... HF maybe... :confusion-shrug: but pro grade ones are 2-3 Frankies and I am a cheapskate. 

It takes a crap I'll get one Dan showed. I do like that hose. 

17044139885483463469054908820426.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, Bill D said:

I need to buy a new air hose reel to replace my Kobalt reel.

Just curious Bill... what went south with it? 

• Like 1

c-series don

I have the same one as @WHX?? and I love it. I did the same thing, mounted it to the ceiling in my shop. It’s up and totally out of the way. Now if I could just get my lazy ass out of this recliner I could go take a picture of it!🤣

• Haha 3

Andy N.

Here's mine. Got it on sale for like $45 and came with the air hose. 

IMG_4362.JPG.959292683d88de3460d323dd82fccec3.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

wh500special
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I use one of these... 

That’s a great idea!  B)

Been using the same setup for almost 30 years.   Look close and you’ll see red paint on that hose.  Fifty footer fits nicely. 

As an aside, I find I rarely use my air compressor anymore.   Cordless tools have pretty much negated the need for it (for me).

Steve

IMG_6303.jpeg

Edited by wh500special
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bill D
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Just curious Bill... what went south with it? 

Leaking swivel fitting and broken clock spring, so it doesn't retract automatically anymore.

• Sad 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

Now if I could just get my lazy ass out of this recliner I could go take a picture of it!🤣

See there now... exactly why a recliner is a valuable shop tool... 😅

• Thanks 1

JoeM

That's the one I have. worked good for 10 years and my hose failed. I replaced it and ok now. 

Looks like we have the same interior decorator too! OSB paneling and the old ceiling fan from the bedroom needed in our younger days. 

You got natural gas hooked up to that one? Kind of looks like a furnace connection. :ychain:

10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

17044139885483463469054908820426.jpg

• Haha 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, JoeM said:

of looks like a furnace connection. :ychain:

Habits of an old heating guy Joe! :lol:

I was told or read somewhere that moisture in a air system accumulates mostly in vertical runs. Thinking was to catch that moisture. 

The black iron piping was just because I had a steady supply of pipe & fittings & automatic pipe threaders when I was in the biz. 

That said I wouldn't do it again. The moisture raises heck with the inside of the pipe even though I have separators. Most likely I will have issues with rust particals in regulators down the road. 

• Like 1

lynnmor
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Habits of an old heating guy Joe! :lol:

I was told or read somewhere that moisture in a air system accumulates mostly in vertical runs. Thinking was to catch that moisture. 

The black iron piping was just because I had a steady supply of pipe & fittings & automatic pipe threaders when I was in the biz. 

That said I wouldn't do it again. The moisture raises heck with the inside of the pipe even though I have separators. Most likely I will have issues with rust particals in regulators down the road. 

You should have a drain valve where that pipe cap is and use it often to blast the water and debris out.  If there is additional vertical runs, they should have valves as well.

Edited by lynnmor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Sorta funny story about shop reels in general.

Again back in my Napa days we had a customer that was opening his own shop. He bought 2 drop light reels. About 2 years after he bought them he says " one just broke can I get it under warranty?"  I said "Sure." ( He was spending over 10 grand a month with us at the time) I get him a new reel. A couple of weeks later the other reel breaks so again another warranty reel. This keeps happening about every 3 months. And although he isn't paying for new one's, he's starting to get upset.

Then one day I'm at the shop on a delivery and look out in the shop. Just as I look, his 325lb+++ mechanic Elmer, is yanking the droplight cord down with all he's got! No wonder the freaking things are breaking. I mentioned to him that his boy Elmer is the reason for the lights breaking. Never had to warranty another! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3