Achto

2024 Project

TonyToro Jr.
16 hours ago, Achto said:

Rules state rebuild up to .030 over bore. Up to .030 pop up on the piston allowed.

Speaking of that boring and engine work and performance stuff.  there’s a lot of stuff you can do on the outside before getting into the engine doing cams,piston,crank that’s the expensive stuff. I would go onto Vogel Manufacturing and they have very good stock appearing carbs that make a huge difference, The other sites I use to get parts is Midwest Super Cub, Hackman Performance Parts and Zack Kerber. They all have very useful parts. I would also recommend making a front weight bar that goes into the attach o matics. They make a huge difference with getting your front end down and easier for another spot to add weight.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Speaking of that boring and engine work and performance stuff.  there’s a lot of stuff you can do on the outside before getting into the engine doing cams,piston,crank that’s the expensive stuff. I would go onto Vogel Manufacturing and they have very good stock appearing carbs that make a huge difference, The other sites I use to get parts is Midwest Super Cub, Hackman Performance Parts and Zack Kerber. They all have very useful parts. I would also recommend making a front weight bar that goes into the attach o matics. They make a huge difference with getting your front end down and easier for another spot to add weight.

I don't want to hijack this thread much but I'm wondering if you have a thread of your own where you've documented what you're running for an engine combo and its  modifications?

• Like 2

TonyToro Jr.
58 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't want to hijack this thread much but I'm wondering if you have a thread of your own where you've documented what you're running for an engine combo and its  modifications?

I haven’t yet but, I’m in the process of building a new engine and the parts should be here soon so I could so one if you guys would want.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

I haven’t yet but, I’m in the process of building a new engine and the parts should be here soon so I could so one if you guys would want.

I for one would appreciate it.  

It's interesting to see how a high torque engine is built.  

• Like 4

953 nut
On 1/2/2024 at 4:56 PM, TonyToro Jr. said:

I’m in the process of building a new engine and the parts should be here soon so I could so one if you guys would want

:handgestures-thumbupright:            The more good threads we have the better this site becomes. Pleas take lots of photos and list sources of parts and materials.        :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
On 1/2/2024 at 2:15 PM, TonyToro Jr. said:

BORING!  :lol:  I read that first line as being bored, not getting an engine bored :P

Great input, Mr. Jr!

• Haha 6

8ntruck

My 2 cents worth on the paint discussion on page one - leave it like it is and claim that you got it from E.J. Potter.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Easton Rich

I’ll be along for the ride :auto-biker: I love to read about the process :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kpinnc
21 minutes ago, Achto said:

This gave me good clearance between the tires & fender.

I don't usually follow much in the pulling section. I don't dislike it, just rather never had much personal interest.

That being said- you've got some really great mods here. Very impressive metal fabrication! This machine not only looks great, it's got some major improvements! :thumbs:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Yah nice fab on the braces. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

JPWH

6 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Yah nice fab on the braces. :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-+1:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Just. WOW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

That seat and frame bracing is a work of art Dan.      Should be some way for the rest of the world to see it...not just us couple privileged :occasion-clown:s.       U Tube ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

That seat and frame bracing is a work of art Dan.      Should be some way for the rest of the world to see it...not just us couple privileged :occasion-clown:s.       U Tube ?

I'll second that

• Thanks 1

Easton Rich

I’ll even third that

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I'll second that

• Thanks 1

Handy Don
17 hours ago, Achto said:

IMG_20240121_150925213.jpg.5bf72d46feb0307f9c699848484343f7.jpg

Methinks the “weak point” is now the four bolts holding the transaxle to the frame!

Maybe add a brace from the rear hitch cross-pin forward to your frame reinforcement? :hide:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Methinks the “weak point” is now the four bolts holding the transaxle to the frame!

Maybe add a brace from the rear hitch cross-pin forward to your frame reinforcement? :hide:

Can't say I'd disagree.  

Not sure if it's a need or even allowed in pulling.  

On my Big Wheel build I'll be adding a secondary frame that wraps the axle tubes. 

• Like 2

Easton Rich

Bolt a bracket from your hitch to the underside of your frame and make like a basket?

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
13 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Maybe add a brace from the rear hitch cross-pin forward to your frame reinforcement?

Or extend the wheely bar frames forward and attach to the frame torsion bar fashion.

I assume this is all clamped to the axle tubes.

• Like 5

Easton Rich
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Or extend the wheely bar frames forward and attach to the frame torsion bar fashion.

I assume this is all clamped to the axle tubes.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 3

Achto
54 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Maybe add a brace from the rear hitch cross-pin forward to your frame reinforcement?

Oddly enough, I have never seen a failure that involved the transmission mounting bolts. I have seen several failures in the F-plate. At a plowing event one individuals F-plate cracked to the point of his tractor almost breaking in half. All of the pull on this tractor will be primarily on the transmission its self. Having the front end in the air with occasional slamming back down to the ground could be a recipe to damage the F-plate.  At least this is my thoughts. 

Running a snow plow is definitely hard on the F-plate. With the plow frame pushing on the transmission, any time that the plow happens to stop the tractor the rest of the weight of the tractor is thrown forward putting enormous stress on the F-plate.

• Like 4

wallfish
19 hours ago, Achto said:

The side plates of this reinforcement are made out of 7ga metal.

That's some thick stuff. like 3/16. You can make those bends in that Dan?

• Like 1