Ed Kennell

Bead Blaster

Ed Kennell

Anyone ever try one of these?

Product photo of BeadBuster XB-455 ATV/Motorcycle / 4x4 / Lawn Mower Tire Bead Breaker Tool

ri702bill

Nope - but done similar with a Large C-Clamp...

ebinmaine

Well. 

Ain't that neat.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

davem1111

Very cool!  But $99 and up?  I wonder how hard it would be to make something that would do the same thing? :eusa-think:

Ed Kennell
49 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

But $99 and up?

Found this one on FBMP for $49.

BeadBuster XB-455 ATV/Motorcycle / 4x4 / Lawn Mower Tire Bead Breaker Tool

$49

• Like 1

WHNJ701
4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Anyone ever try one of these?

Product photo of BeadBuster XB-455 ATV/Motorcycle / 4x4 / Lawn Mower Tire Bead Breaker Tool

Yup, and worth the price.  Very well made in the USA. I bought it for bead lock rims on my Honda ATV.  I use it all the time now to break beads in seconds.  I am glad I bought it, I think it was 99 bucks with free shipping 

Edited by WHNJ701
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ranger

Loads of homemade versions of these on YouTube, showing how to make your own.

• Like 1

Lost Pup

The Tpms sensors on our 2014 Toyota Sienna finally gave out. I purchased this item from Amazon and it worked perfectly and easily to change them out. 
It’s a larger model and heavy but worked great on the tractor tire to put a tube in. Placed an old piece of rubber tube under the clamp area and no scratches at all.

IMG_1770.jpeg

IMG_1769.jpeg

Edited by Lost Pup
Fix
  • Like 3

JoeM

Sure looks like it works, just wondering how effective it would be on one of those 40 year old, rust tighten, wheel horse rims.

I have one made up that attaches to a leg on my welding table. I have had to put a 3 foot pipe on it an work my way around the tire while lubing and allowing the lube to work its way into the bead. 

Probably the same. 

Does this mean anything?

image.png.589318bfb7e50b4898525df64c8022a1.png

Almost made in China??

• Like 1

Lost Pup

Here’s the Amazon Link

This pushed the old 418 a rear tire bead with ease, no impact needed just a ratchet, a few turns and spin it down.

Edited by Lost Pup
  • Like 1

WHNJ701

This is the one I have.  Like I said it's a great tool to have, saves a lot of time and aggravation 

Screenshot_20231227-110331.png

• Like 2

pfrederi

I have to work on a lot of tires..I have three bead breakers  the slide hammer mentioned above  the clamp on one (Small Black) and the big gray screw one.  The slide hmmaer is my favorite.

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

• Excellent 3

ri702bill
19 hours ago, JoeM said:

Sure looks like it works, just wondering how effective it would be on one of those 40 year old, rust tighten, wheel horse rims.

I have one made up that attaches to a leg on my welding table. I have had to put a 3 foot pipe on it an work my way around the tire while lubing and allowing the lube to work its way into the bead. 

Probably the same. 

Does this mean anything?

image.png.589318bfb7e50b4898525df64c8022a1.png

Almost made in China??

What does it mean?? It means it was designed here, with good intentions. Marketing then did enough number crunching to determine that where was a viable market for it to go to production....

Then the corporate Bean Counters said that the production budget was limited to a couple of rolls of Quarters, three books of Green Stamps and half a pack of chewing gum - to ensure a healthy profit margin.... And THAT is why it is made in "Cheap-o-nesia" (Been there, used to have to work with that -  Sooo don't miss it).

Edited by ri702bill
  • Sad 2

JoeM
16 hours ago, ri702bill said:

to ensure a healthy profit

Not to mention our government just will not promote manufacturing growth through regulation. 

China strong arms business to allow those business access to the Chinese markets and it also provides an area of low to no cost concerning environmental impact. Not just cheap labor.

I think the last numbers I seen they produce well into the 60% range of bearings for the world that includes all the major players. 

I have been there and seen it first hand. When you tell some they just look at you as in disbelief. 

image.png.819ab19fcd8fb82912ededbbc6bc0693.png

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

953 nut
38 minutes ago, JoeM said:

our government just will not promote manufacturing growth through regulation. 

Instead the US government seems to constantly regulate manufacturing out of business.   :soapbox:    I won't say any more so the Admins here don't have to take down my post.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ri702bill

You have General Motors to thank for spearheading the growth of Automotive Suppliers in and around China. In 1995, the then-new CEO of GM mandated that all Tier ! suppliers (like the one I worked for) MUST have "an Aisan presense" (aka manufacturing facility) on the continent of Asia to reduce transportation cost and time as GM was in the process of building Auto Assembly plants there.Oh yeah, GM funds NONE of it..... if you choose not to do so, you will be de-sourced as a supplier, the contracts will be handed to your competition........

Sad but true.........

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, JoeM said:

When you tell some they just look at you as in disbelief. 

I stood on the Buy American soap box for 60 years Joe.     Most said, "I can't afford to buy American".      My reply, "you can't afford not to buy American".

It's over.        33 trillion debt. no manufacturing, no borders.  We lost this battle.     

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

SylvanLakeWH
26 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I stood on the Buy American soap box for 60 years Joe.     Most said, "I can't afford to buy American".      My reply, "you can't afford not to buy American".

It's over.        33 trillion debt. no manufacturing, no borders.  We lost this battle.     

Agree, except that we've "lost this battle."

Pre-World War II America was shall we say, not in good shape... We (I should say our fathers and grandfathers and mothers and grandmothers) won that one. We can do the same if we actually work instead of posting about it and just shut up and do what needs doing.

:twocents-twocents:

• Heart 1

Ed Kennell
15 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Pre-World War II America was shall we say, not in good shape... We (I should say our fathers and grandfathers and mothers and grandmothers) won that one. 

:twocents-twocents:

Yes they did Jim.   But I'm afraid this history is no longer taught and there is a generation that does not even believe WWII happened.

• Excellent 1
  • Sad 2

Ed Kennell

Prime example of the games we play.

Seeing the Made in USA labels, I bought a bunch of these Bic lighters for our annual Christmas Party  exchange game.    Mrs.K wraps about 30 gifts in odd shaped boxes for her game.

104_2731.JPG.eaa8372e095610dd2e14deadf5a788a4.JPG

I ended up with one and just read the fine print. 

104_2733.JPG.93c1ba8670d1719e5b8b5a2ab24de6e7.JPG

It appears only the fuel cartridge was made here, shipped to China for manufacture, shipped to Canada apparently to satisfy a patent, then shipped to USA.

104_2734.JPG.a7a6487748bb6d582d8b41bcda660b6b.JPG

So this USA made fuel cartridge traveled about 25,000 miles to get to me.     I wonder how many barrels of oil that trip used.     :ranting:

• Sad 3