Sign in to follow this  
NewHorse

1962 702 Wheel Horse

NewHorse

Now that I think I know what my problem is can anyone point me in the right direction to find a drive belt cover on a 1962 702 WH???

MikesRJ

Your best bet is to watch eBay closely and look for other 702's being parted out.

I will add that of all the parts most restorers need, the belt covers are the most coveted and almost always the most expensive.

You can also call Rays Mower Parts ( (610) 367-2078, 1436 W Philadelphia Ave., Boyertown, PA 19512), but they are usually WAY OVER PRICED on everything they sell.

Aside from their ridiculous prices, they usually have the impossible to find items, but at a premium.

I would exhaust all other options first, before going there.

CasualObserver

I've edited your title... your 702 is a 1962 tractor not a 1972. Good luck with your search. :thumbs: Post a wanted ad in the classifieds for it as well... sometimes parts vendors check there and will contact you. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

newhorse :thumbs: I had the same problem with my 502...the pulleys would not stop to let me put it in gear. Took some mineral spirits and cleaned the pulleys. Works great now. Do not use belt grip on the drive belt. If the pulleys are rusty try a little steelwool or sandpaper and then mineral spirits. :thumbs2: