Beap52

What's hanging FROM your mirror?

Beap52

Mercy! how times have changed!  Fifty years ago I had souvenirs hanging from the rear view mirror of my El Camino such as garters, senior class ring, tassel from graduation cap and the such.  Now: masks gathered from places that require them to help slow down spread of covid.  :ROTF:

20231214_153834(1).jpg

• Like 2

953 nut

Hanging from my rearview mirror you will find Old Glory and a Ty beanie baby lobster. The American flag is there because I love our country and the Ty lobster is one of the McDonalds Happy Meal toys being given away when Ty beanies were all the rage. My wife was sure that those giveaway toys were sooooo valuable that someone would break my window to get it. That was about twenty-five years and another truck ago and so far so good,    :ph34r:    hope no Ty thieves are going to read this post.   :angry-nono:

1844289824_bringinghomethe953005.JPG.221312b1c55a443f5fe633815dad1188.JPG

• Like 5

WHX??

Nothing ... never had even fuzzy dice.

Too much of a distraction when trying to run things over...:lol:

Although we did once get into a buddies rig once and hung tampons off his. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
23 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

D_Mac
32 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Although we did once get into a buddies rig once and hung tampons off his. 

Hope they were unused.

• Haha 1

WHX??
13 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Hope they were unused.

What's your preference? :lol:

• Haha 1

D_Mac
13 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

What's your preference? :lol:

Well I prefer the Pine sented air fresheners.

• Like 3

Achto

For almost 25yrs and about 7 vehicles it's been the same thing. Wife's garter from our wedding. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

squonk

I guess around here it is illegal to hang anything off of a mirror. My step-niece got a ticket years ago.  But the states the infraction means anything that blocks you line of sight. I can't imagine what was on the mirror. 

I have everyone's favorite : Mr. Krabs! 

IMG_20210802_124546770_HDR.jpg.e5f63858583e0eab31bbee4dfcc658ae.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Freightliner Guy
19 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Hanging from my rearview mirror you will find Old Glory and a Ty beanie baby lobster. The American flag is there because I love our country and the Ty lobster is one of the McDonalds Happy Meal toys being given away when Ty beanies were all the rage. My wife was sure that those giveaway toys were sooooo valuable that someone would break my window to get it. That was about twenty-five years and another truck ago and so far so good,    :ph34r:    hope no Ty thieves are going to read this post.   :angry-nono:

i have that same lobster some where

• Haha 2

ML3

Nothing hangs from any of my vehicles mirror. It never has. I find it most annoying.......idk why????

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Mickwhitt

Our road traffic laws state there should be nothing that obstructs the view of the swept area of the wiper blades.

Easy right? Wrong.... 

Every day I see ever larger things in folks cars, from the simple dangling nick nacks to huge sat nav or phone screens stuck in the windscreen. 

I don't mind an air freshener or a lucky charm, but some people just take the mickey. Our Asian taxi drivers seem to have more of this kind of rammel in their cars, maybe the gods and goddesses they hang up save them from crashing, they'd need to as they certainly can't see where they are going. 

But it doesn't matter, cops don't deal with that kind of thing any more. They are far too busy to deal with traffic matters. And our actual traffic department is so cut to the bone I really cannot say when I last saw a patrol vehicle on the roads. 

No wonder our driving standards are going through the floor.

• Like 3

lynnmor
6 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

I don't mind an air freshener or a lucky charm, but some people just take the mickey. Our Asian taxi drivers seem to have more of this kind of rammel in their cars, maybe the gods and goddesses they hang up save them from crashing, they'd need to as they certainly can't see where they are going. 

DWO 

• Haha 1

wallfish
On 12/14/2023 at 7:25 PM, 953 nut said:

Holy @#$#T, that much vision blockage has Pedestrian Mower written all over it. Especially on right turns.

People around here constantly just walk into the street expecting you to see them and stop no matter how fast you're going. It's like they're looking for an insurance pay day. You would get a bunch of them.

Maybe you don't even notice those aren't speed bumps! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Pedestrian Mower

:soapbox:                    If you don't like the way I drive I would suggest you get off the sidewalk!            :bitch:

• Haha 4
  • Heart 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

I’ve got my dogs collar hanging from the mirror in my welding truck, one of her favorite things to do was ride along with me in the truck, so when she passed it only seemed right to hang her collar from the mirror so that she’s always with me no matter where I go 

94AF296A-CF6B-4A0D-A8F2-A4F44381BB82.jpeg

• Heart 2

'67Craftsman's

You ask and you  shall receive, here's my mirror. I used to have a cross hanging too, but I wear it now.....

IMG_1810.jpg.21bf7ee7efba227cfde070473cc8eebe.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg.29dfd4179ecfab2a02522c15d0bc657a.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg.5c666481d5215b33317d5ed1290caa5f.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

I’ve bought a couple tractors from Saltywright (Russell Wright) and one tractor came with this attached to the key. He was an avid boater. 
 I was really bummed by the news of his passing this past weekend. 
  It now hangs in my truck. 

IMG_1508.jpeg

IMG_1509.jpeg

• Excellent 3
  • Heart 2