Pullstart

Momma got a new pair of shoes / New Winter Beater 🤣

WHX??
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I’ve known about that for years.  My loving wife… just recently learned of course ... my wife is the bread winner... I'm just a tag  along.:ychain:

Cindy says nice ride T. :)

• Excellent 1

pfrederi
1 hour ago, ri702bill said:

Hmm... cinching up the lap belt and adjusting the sunglasses at the stoplight might be a warning......!! :helmet:

Bullitt  !!!

• Like 2

pfrederi
1 hour ago, ri702bill said:

Hmm... cinching up the lap belt and adjusting the sunglasses at the stoplight might be a warning......!! :helmet:

Bullitt  !!!

• Haha 1

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Bullitt  !!!

Lost words Paul? 😂

@ri702bill That‘s just a step ahead of „species appropriate attitude“ as we say here...🤐

Interesting become if neckstrap is used together with Helmet instead of Sunglasses

A wish for an H Belt and and the question for installation for a internal Cage came up...         

Than it‘s maybe time to begin to thinker about something..... 😎

all before is just „ playing with the Kid inside“😁

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 2

ML3

Should be a fun vehicle to own! Very nice!

I really need to get a truck or at least something that can tow. Looking at new Colorado Trail Boss. However,  on a more impractical note I'm thinking of a F150 w/FP700 package.  Couple local dealers are advertising them. Buy/order a base 2wd F150 reg cab w/5.0 V8. FP700 is a Ford Racing supercharger along with lowering kit, wheels, & some other goodies. End result is 700hp! All under 3/36 warranty. I don't really need 4wd or extended/crew cab. I can order a 2wd base reg cab F150 & w/FP700 package installed be under $50k otd. Ultimate sleeper! I don't need all the extras. I have my Focus for driving to work (bad neighborhood) & my Cadillac for nice occasions/road trips. 

• Excellent 1

ML3
18 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Under the hood :auto-layrubber:

6E2928D8-5082-4B59-B645-888C5FC0222C.png

957C52B3-D9CC-42C4-879F-1F835FAB5637.png

May wanna look into the excessive red rtv sealing the supercharger to the intake. Should just need an application proper gasket. Ive done a few supercharger installations. Also definitely be sure that open element air filter is a quality K&N. Seen plenty of open element air filter/intake systems not filter correctly or bypass taking out MAF or other items.

Most of all have fun with it! Gonna be buying lots of rear tires! 

Edited by ML3
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
45 minutes ago, ML3 said:

May wanna look into the excessive red rtv sealing the supercharger to the intake. Should just need an application proper gasket. Ive done a few supercharger installations. Also definitely be sure that open element air filter is a quality K&N. Seen plenty of open element air filter/intake systems not filter correctly or bypass taking out MAF or other items.

Most of all have fun with it! Gonna be buying lots of rear tires! 

I was thinking the same.  It could use a good detail job.  Leaves on the intake, it’s been sitting a bit.  I’d imagine there should be an o-ring sealing that surface, that could have been held in place with a couple dabs or some grease instead of a whole tube.  I did also read something about open element filters vs stock filters in the Whipple manual when I was thumbing through looking for oil change info.

tires.  I bet we have some spare 6 bolt wheels around here somewhere for a smoke show!

• Haha 3

ML3
32 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I was thinking the same.  It could use a good detail job.  Leaves on the intake, it’s been sitting a bit.  I’d imagine there should be an o-ring sealing that surface, that could have been held in place with a couple dabs or some grease instead of a whole tube.  I did also read something about open element filters vs stock filters in the Whipple manual when I was thumbing through looking for oil change info.

tires.  I bet we have some spare 6 bolt wheels around here somewhere for a smoke show!

Oring type gasket if I remember correctly.  Installed 3 Whipples. And I remember read something similar in Whipple manual about air filters. 

• Like 1

Handy Don
14 hours ago, Pullstart said:

drag racing it

Lotta weight to get moving with a big fella (or gal?) like that. 5800 lbs?

Curious how the tie rods come into play on hard acceleration. It is due to toe in or out on the front end that changes with the load? I’d think first of suspension bushings or alignment adjusters.

Pullstart
37 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Lotta weight to get moving with a big fella (or gal?) like that. 5800 lbs?

Curious how the tie rods come into play on hard acceleration. It is due to toe in or out on the front end that changes with the load? I’d think first of suspension bushings or alignment adjusters.

The steering arms are in front of the tires.  If it’s in 4x4  the steering arms are known to buckle under all the launch pressure of the tire driving forward and pivoting towards a toe-in condition on the ball joints.  It’s USUALLY a performance diesel thing, but the front ends are all the same general design.  If you imagine a straw under compression, it’ll eventually buckle and kink towards the middle.  Same deal going on here.

• Thanks 2

Handy Don
30 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

4x4  the steering arms are known to buckle under all the launch pressure

Thanks for the explanation. I’ve long driven only front-wheel drive vehicles already engineered to address those forces. I can see easily that a design originally intended for steering un-powered wheels could need revision--especially if there is a lot of power involved!

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1