peter lena

screw / barb hose change out

peter lena

https://www.amazon.com/Boeray-Degree-Elbow-Fitting-Adapter/dp/B07DW6Y2FB/ref=pd_lpo_sccl_3/140-8047310-8767347?pd_rd_w=M2iDk&content-id=amzn1.sym.116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_p=116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-  done a number of these , changing up to a 5/16  ID fuel hose was a simple easy carb issue  improvement . what ever the issue , there is always another improvement spot , have these on both electric fuel pumps and original lever type , seamless upgrade . just my trials , Pete  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Thanks Pete. I often forget the jungle has fittings like that. My luck the bin at Ace is empty and can always use more than one. 

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@WHX??  no problem ,  another thing I do on the barb end is to slide on the squeeze hose clamp first away from installation hose area . also like a tiny swipe of dielectric grease , or super lube  on the barb end , makes the fitting much easier , yet still making for a solid barb bite . then its easy to  square nose plyer the  spring hose clamp up to place . they also have that fitting in a straight version , just used some on an electric fuel pump upgrade , clear fuel vinyl line , Pete 

• Like 1

Achto

cafoose

squonk

High grade rubber fuel hose and stainless steel clamps for me. None of that "get brittle in a year" vinyl hose / spring clamp and gas leaking in the garage!

• Like 2

WHX??

I use those spring clamps religiously Squonky and never have a leak. Those cheap jungle filters now a different story. 

peter lena

@WHX??  found the dark green , 5/16  spring clamp is spot on , colors on that type of clamp , verifies size / fit , leave the clamp out of the way while mounting the set up , detail fit , squeeze  / slide clamp into place . no  leaks / problems , always bring a small piece of hose along , when clamp shopping, verify fit , good talking , Pete 

• Thanks 1

squonk
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

I use those spring clamps religiously Squonky and never have a leak. Those cheap jungle filters now a different story. 

I have seen those clamps break as well as the vinyl hoses crack and fall off. Maybe I'm too sensitive but in my Napa days 3 customers lost shops due to gas lines dripping and starting a fire. 

peter lena

@WHX?? since  putting STA BIL  in every bit of my , fuel  related anything  have zero debris in filters , at my change over time , from tank forward its all clean ,  the additive does not break down hoses . that goes for , stand by generator and walking snow blower . if you have a fuel / grunge problem , don't expect  any additive to suddenly eliminate the issue . clean out the crap / grunge , then add STA BIL  to all your fuel . filter close to tank , clean , filter close to carb  clean , no leaks or hose break down . years now , this must work .