Scotty boy

Hello from western maryland

Scotty boy

Just wanted to poke my head in  and say hello from western md .

i just acquired a  1990 312-8  believe it has 700 hrs from my older neighbor lady came with deck ,bagger. And also a tiller which is mainly what I was wanting but will use it to cut grass also.

i liked to tinker with things had a few old cubs and an 67 allis charmers with a tiller so moved it along to be able to perchase this one.

im sure I will be asking some questions as I get into tinkering I do need to find a brinley adapter as that is all my attachments use.

so far changed all fluids new battery and tubed the tires headlights coming this week one wouldn’t work.

will get a few photos after I get her all cleaned up and waxed 

scott

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

:wwp:

• Like 1

ebinmaine

:text-yeahthat:

c-series don

Welcome Scotty, on this forum you will find the nicest, most knowledgeable people you can imagine. If you have a question, someone here has the answer! And it will be done in a respectful manner, not with a snide response. Mean people don’t last here!! As far as your hitch goes, check out our vendors section and I believe you will find one. Good luck with your new Wheel Horse, sounds like you are already on the right track! One more thing WE LOVE PICTURES! 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

You can probably find a good used brinley adapter by placing a wanted ad in our free classified section;  https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/ or you could contact Lowell https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product-category/hitches/ for a new one.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs: Scotty.        The 312s are a real fuel sipping workhorse.     

Living in the clouds high up on the Appalachians,  you'll also need a snow blower.      I went to high school at Meyersdale, Pa. in the 1950s, so I know snow.

You are near the highest point in Pa.....Mt Davis  3213ft.

• Like 1

8ntruck

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum.  Like the others have said, there are a bunch of good folks here.   As a group, the regulars here have likely broken and fixed anything on a Wheel Horse that can be broken and fixes, and are willing to help others with advice.

• Like 1

Scotty boy

20231124_111543.jpg

20231124_111650.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Scotty boy
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs: Scotty.        The 312s are a real fuel sipping workhorse.     

Living in the clouds high up on the Appalachians,  you'll also need a snow blower.      I went to high school at Meyersdale, Pa. in the 1950s, so I know snow.

You are near the highest point in Pa.....Mt Davis  3213ft.

I’m about 25 min from meyersdale used to rip around over there when I was younger I’m only 49 so wasn’t so long ago .

and we don’t get close to the snow we used to get unless a freak storm but I still love the snow .

i know some kennells they from ellerslie and hyndman area .

and thank for all the info I’ll post in the wanted area and take a peek at Lowell’s site .

thanks again,

scott

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
13 minutes ago, Scotty boy said:

we don’t get close to the snow we used to get unless a freak storm but I still love the snow .

i know some kennells they from ellerslie and hyndman area .

Same here on the no snow.    During my school days. I lived on rt. 160 atop the Wellersburg Mt.     Never forget the '58 storm that closed rt. 160 for over  two weeks.

My kin were all from the Kennels Mills area. 

BTW, The 312 looks nice.  Here's mine ready for some snow that we probably won't get.

104_2563.JPG.dc32ba5e9a520315e12ddd06c6a5b9d9.JPG104_2562.JPG.596ba64b88f83d832d203f32408e5035.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

Achto

:WRS:

• Like 1

CCW

My 87 312-8 is a great machine.  I am in the process of repowering it figuring any engine that is 37 years old and blowing smoke owes me nothing.  Your tractor looks great. 

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

I too have a 312-8. Mine is a 1985. Absolutely love it. Yours looks like it was well cared for. 

• Like 1

ducker18

Welcome on board

• Like 1

Pullstart

@Scotty boy lots of zoom zoom next to that :wh: eh?

• Like 1

WHX??

:WRS: Scotty

8 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Those are called beach balls Kev... well nice lookin beach balls anyway! 

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Looks like a mouse and a rat! 

peter lena

@Scotty boy  welcome  ! do a thorough baseline service , meaning ,  verify function , thorough lubrication , change out / refresh . also a good opportunity , to give that paint a penetrating oil , aerosol  spray down , that will stop rust , and cut thru the grunge , feed the paint , like to spray it down and let it sat a day , being inside also helps , wipe it down with a soft clean cloth , possibly do it again , finish that with a   6" electric palm buffer , cleaner wax . paint might even break thru , deep clean shine , when you grease the front end , jack it up so wheels are off floor , so chassis grease  comes out top of  axel top , insuring complete coverage . chance trans fluid , left lower corner , 3/8 Allen plug , dirt packed , clean out . replace shift boot , like a CLIMBING GEAR OIL , might have to flush out if its a milky white color . like high mileage ATF as a drive around flushing agent , put some time on it , use every gear / range . others will chime in with suggestions , just some service ideas , Pete     

• Like 2

rmaynard
On 11/24/2023 at 12:24 PM, Scotty boy said:

I’m about 25 min from meyersdale used to rip around over there when I was younger I’m only 49 so wasn’t so long ago .

I don't know why I never responded to this thread. Greetings from another Marylander. Grantsville has a load of memories for me. My aunt lived on Pennsylvania Ave until she passed. My daughter owns a house on Deep Creek Lake, so every time that we went to Deep Creek, we would visit Grantsville. Never saw any Wheel Horses.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I just spent the weekend at my Sisters cabin near Meyersdale.

104_2682.JPG.18a318c79910ba5dac397c79c0022d71.JPG104_2677.JPG.1c2f2074768c59152178509c5b664306.JPG

• Like 2
  • Heart 3

Scotty boy
6 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

104_2682.JPG.18a318c79910ba5dac397c79c0022d71.JPG104_2677.JPG.1c2f2074768c59152178509c5b664306.JPG

13 hours ago, Pullstart said:

13 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I have tinkered with some motors in my short 50 years on this earth a lot of learning from my dad had some that were slow then fast and some that just stayed fast lol. But sure is fun 

• Like 1

Scotty boy

Nice looking get away for sure  and quiet 

• Like 1

rjg854
18 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Looks like an awesome place to get away from it all.  

• Heart 1

gwest_ca

Your tractor is likely 1989 or older because the hood decals had a black background in 1990.

If the engine has a serial number it may help identify the model year.