Joe leonardo

Is this a wheel horse?

wallfish
1 hour ago, Joe leonardo said:

It would be hard to teach kids with them not being able to hear me any ideas on how I can coach them and teach them?

It had the best option for that to begin with. Scrap the stack idea (I don't like them anyway) and put that big muffler and exhaust pipe back on. Being it was located down below would be the ideal solution for this. 

Certainly not the best location for rough terrain working but I'd suppose the little kids won't be off roading when they're learning anyway. :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

Handy Don
On 1/27/2024 at 2:04 PM, Joe leonardo said:

It would be hard to teach kids with them not being able to hear me any ideas on how I can coach them and teach them?

Ear protection reduces but does not eliminate sound. Most of the good ones also are engineered to pass through more of the frequencies of the human voice than other frequencies (Shooter-style protectors are an exception). I can hear someone speak to me while protected with no issues--yes, with slightly raised voice but over tractor noise you’d have to shout anyway.

I’m in agreement with putting on the quietest muffler you can find AND using ear protection :)

• Like 4

Joe leonardo

Long time no see but I finally got the tractor restored, I'm a big chrome stack snob and have always liked the look so I put one on and wrapped it with exhaust wrap. I got the new stickers on it and all painted up, completely rewired it. the thing had been sitting in the back of the school shop sense January and I finally got around to getting it back together I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I graduate next month but maybe it will be my family heirloom or I can tote around a little trailer

IMG_20240409_190248.jpg

IMG_20240411_213934.jpg

IMG_20240409_190243.jpg

IMG_20240409_212135.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

Moparfanforever

Looks sharp!!!

:thumbs:

8ntruck
On 1/27/2024 at 11:18 AM, Handy Don said:

Gonna strongly suggest an immediate investment in ear protection for your young charges, regardless of your exhaust setup decision. Get them started early (and get some for yourself at the same time). If you were coaching a sport, you’d insist on proper equipment. Same here.

After decades of unprotected use of power equipment, my hearing has been noticeably affected and I’ve “heard" from other members with the same issue. I wish someone had given me a heads up on this many years ago.

Strongly agree here (hear?).  Hearing loss is cumulative - damage does not entirely heal.

• Like 1

Joe leonardo
3 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Strongly agree here (hear?).  Hearing loss is cumulative - damage does not entirely heal.

Yeah we didn't end up letting them drive the mower

Joe leonardo

So it has stopped going forward and backward it's has oil in it and this really really sucks what could be the problem?

Ed Kennell

Is the tow valve closed?

• Like 1

Joe leonardo
46 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Is the tow valve closed?

No it's open

Ed Kennell
43 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

No it's open

This valve must be closed to run.

Joe leonardo
48 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

This valve must be closed to run.

Er sorry yeah it's closed still no movement 

Ed Kennell

Is the belt tensioner in gear and is the transmission pulley turning.  Is the shaft inside the pulley turning or is the pulley slipping on the shaft?

Joe leonardo
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Is the belt tensioner in gear and is the transmission pulley turning.  Is the shaft inside the pulley turning or is the pulley slipping on the shaft?

Yeah the pulley is spinning

Joe leonardo
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I was going along and it stopped I backed it up a foot and then completely stopped moving it was on a hill

Edited by Joe leonardo

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, Joe leonardo said:

Yeah the pulley is spinning

Did you verify the shaft is turning?   It could also be either axle is spinning inside a hub.    If you are sure the punp shaft is actually turning and the axles are not turning, then check the linkages to be sure the transmission motion valve is moving.

• Excellent 1

Joe leonardo
On 4/24/2024 at 4:08 AM, Ed Kennell said:

Did you verify the shaft is turning?   It could also be either axle is spinning inside a hub.    If you are sure the punp shaft is actually turning and the axles are not turning, then check the linkages to be sure the transmission motion valve is moving.

I've checked everything it's all good I'm gonna change the fluid but before I get too ahead of myself, how should I check to see if the pump itself is bad

Ed Kennell
11 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

I've checked everything it's all good I'm gonna change the fluid but before I get too ahead of myself, how should I check to see if the pump itself is bad

I have never done it, but there may be a procedure to check the pump pressure and to look for broken springs.

Transmission Hydro Sundstrand SM #492-4206.pdf - Automatic / Hydro - RedSquare Wheel Horse Forum

• Excellent 1

Joe leonardo
On 5/8/2024 at 12:02 PM, Ed Kennell said:

I have never done it, but there may be a procedure to check the pump pressure and to look for broken springs.

Transmission Hydro Sundstrand SM #492-4206.pdf - Automatic / Hydro - RedSquare Wheel Horse Forum

I put new fluid in it and it still didn't move and then all the sudden the linkage jammed up

Ed Kennell
1 minute ago, Joe leonardo said:

the linkage jammed up

Well, maybe you have found the problem.  Could be the linkage was never moving the  sliding block that operates the motion valve.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger
7 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

I put new fluid in it and it still didn't move and then all the sudden the linkage jammed up

I had one that had a parking prawl at the back of the inside of the transmission case that was a problem.   I recall it was bent and had to be reconfigured.  The transmission also had an axle needle bearing out - broken needles inside.   I replaced the bearing and I am still amazed how clean that hydro transmission was inside.

Joe leonardo
7 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Well, maybe you have found the problem.  Could be the linkage was never moving the  sliding block that operates the motion valve.

It was I had the cover off the whole time and was watching it then it locked up

Joe leonardo
Just now, Lane Ranger said:

I had one that had a parking prawl at the back of the inside of the transmission case that was a problem.   I recall it was bent and had to be reconfigured.  The transmission also had an axle needle bearing out - broken needles inside.   I replaced the bearing and I am still amazed how clean that hydro transmission was inside.

I don't have a park break 

Ed Kennell
3 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

Hmmm, all the Sundstrands I had came with the internal parking brake pawl that was usually broken.

• Excellent 1

Joe leonardo
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Hmmm, all the Sundstrands I had came with the internal parking brake pawl that was usually broken.

How do I get to it

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger
10 minutes ago, Joe leonardo said:

You tractor and your transmission did have when new.

it looks like you have a Charger 12.

check out this manual on a 1969 Charger 12.

?do=download&r=52892&confirm=1&t=1&csrfK

It will give you a lot more details about your tractor, parts , transmission, etc than we can give in any brief comments.

There is a very clear picture in this Charger 12 Manual showing the Parking Brake Handle that regulates the parking prawl in the transmission.

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Excellent 1