KZK

Wheel Horse 1-0394

KZK

Hi all,

I'm from the UK but recently bought a WheelHorse tractor model number 1-0394. I have been doing some repainting to protect it from the weather and part of that was to take off the front bonnet(hood) support/implement attachment.  When I came to replace it it was clear that the plate fouled the central front beam axle spindle although there is a large diameter hole to accommodate it.  Do I just go ahead and tighten up the three bolts and hope for the best or is there something I'm missing.

regards

Krzys 

• Like 1

rmaynard

:WRS:

It appears you have a 1975 C-100?  Can you post a picture or two of your problem?

• Like 1

gwest_ca

• Like 3

953 nut
6 hours ago, KZK said:

When I came to replace it it was clear that the plate fouled the central front beam axle spindle although there is a large diameter hole to accommodate it.  Do I just go ahead and tighten up the three bolts and hope for the best or is there something I'm missing.

:WRS:

Yes, the plate for the front hitch slides over the front axle pivot pin and bolts to the frame. Jacking the axle up slightly to align the bolts may be helpful.

163325807_Screenshot(168).png.05ad85c5a6a3cc33f06ca6d314fa85e1.png

• Like 3

KZK

Thank you for that very helpful will just go ahead and bolt it up

• Like 2

KZK

This is my problem the pin just fits in the large hole in the hitch but the boss still protrudes infant of the three holed fixing plate.

IMG_3068.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Lee1977

The hole on the hitch may be worn, we have found that on these tractors. We have also found the tab on the axle pin broken that  bolts to the frame. I had to repair both on my 1977 C=120.

SAM-0405.jpg

• Like 1

Pullstart

I’ve gone a bit further too, and drilled and tapped the pin then placed a bolt and washer in the end.

Slightly different model, but same pin.

D677A37B-D248-404A-938D-225CB464846C.jpeg

B36E8E01-A09A-41E2-8553-E5D4CED35DCD.jpeg

• Like 1

Lee1977
7 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I’ve gone a bit further too, and drilled and tapped the pin then placed a bolt and washer in the end.

Slightly different model, but same pin.

D677A37B-D248-404A-938D-225CB464846C.jpeg

B36E8E01-A09A-41E2-8553-E5D4CED35DCD.jpeg

I did that to the lift rod on my Raider to tighten it up.  Also used a thick I" washer hind the washer bolted to the rod. It would not latch up before I did that.

KZK

do I need to take all the weight off the axle to allow the hitch plate to lie flat with chassis frame i.e. bit with three square holes in ?

KZK

Sorry new topic started

Edited by KZK
New topic started