Ed Kennell

Deck Spindle Housing Damage

tbear853

I also found a few steel shields for JDs that would mount like a washer between the blade and spindle, but no dimensions so far?  I did chase down my 3 new spindle housings last night, UPS left them at a neighbor's house.  I may scuff them, and just coat really well unless I find a suitable cup yet.  To aid me up here on the PC, I did measure some points.  The ribbing on the housings doesn't make for easy wraps.  A cup like shield that simply spins with the blade would work, but if it got deformed could affect balance?  I just used mm as it was faster making notes.  Photo was of my only usable OEM from the left side of the deck.  It'll be my spare.

Best OEM spindle housing (1) dim..JPG

Edited to just note that after exhaustive search, my idea doesn't seam as worthy as I thought at first.  I will likely have new bearings here in a day or so, thinking of unsealing them and cleaning them of unknown grease, repack with red extreme temp grease, assemble, paint under the deck, paint the exterior of the 3 new spindle housings, and refresh / etc the mule drive and pto bearings, & call it done.

Edited by tbear853