Blue 57

Safety switch

Blue 57

I'm having an issue with my 314-8. I have to jump start at the solenoid and when I engage the blade it turns off. I'm able to hold the PTO halfway down to mow

gwest_ca

Welcome to Red Square.

What is your tractor model number and serial number?

Need to look at a wiring diagram to comment.

• Like 1

8ntruck

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the forum.

Kind of sounds like the safety switch on the PTO might be giving you problems.  That switch needs to be made in order to crank the engine. On some models, that switch works in conjunction with a safety switch on the seat to allow the engine to keep running when mowing.

Someone will probably be along with more information shortly.

Good luck, and have fun with your Horse.

Handy Don
21 hours ago, Blue 57 said:

I'm having an issue with my 314-8. I have to jump start at the solenoid and when I engage the blade it turns off. I'm able to hold the PTO halfway down to mow

On the base bracket of the PTO lever, there are two switches ganged together physically but are in two separate electrical circuits. Both are actuated by a tab on the PTO lever arm. It is not uncommon for the PTO lever’s pivot bushing to wear out or go missing. This can cause the tab to not fully engage one or both switches. This might be your problem.

However, we DO need the model and serial of the tractor to go into more detail because the 310-8 had two different engines (K and M series) during its production. They had different ignition systems and so, had different electrical wiring.

Edited by Handy Don