Sparky

JD 212…any info on it?

Sparky

Hauled this home today. Keeping the rear weights and selling the tractor. Turns over with a jump so the motor isn’t locked up :handgestures-thumbupright: !

So what year is is? Desirable? I included a pic of the data plate. I know I could “google it” but rather use our non-WH section instead.

IMG_0690.jpeg

IMG_0672.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0679.jpeg

• Like 1

oliver2-44

The ten digit Kohler serial number beginning with 16 was manufactured in 1986.

The John Deere Model M00212x was built from 83 to 87.

The JD serial number 422467 fits in the 420001 to 475000 range that was manufactured  in 1987 

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc-services/v1/image/getAttachment/200__210__212__214_and_216_Lawn_and_Garden_Tractors__Introduction?a=5867&br=1061&locale=en-US

• Thanks 1

Achto
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Desirable?

In my area JD = $. Always someone willing to buy it just because it says John Deere on it.

• Like 3

T-Mo

The John Deere 200 series were the replacement for the square fender 110 and 112 and debuted in 1975 and were built until 1987.  They were solid, durable tractors with heavy duty frames, Kohler single cylinder engines, 2300 Peerless 4 speed transmission and all but the 208 had variable speed.  The line included the 200, 208, 210, 212, 214 and 216.  The last two digits represented the horsepower, except the 200 which had a 8 hp Kohler.  The 200 and 208 were one or two year tractors.  There are thousands of the 200 series tractors out there since it was a very popular model in it's day.

I had a couple of 210s, a couple of 214s and a 208, which I wish I still had.

Mike, just send that 212 my way......

See this link for more info:  https://www.wfmachines.com/threads/200-series-tractors.134673/

• Like 2

T-Mo
34 minutes ago, Sparky said:

If you were only closer! 
  Appreciate the info :handgestures-thumbupright:

BTW, that one is missing the engine side panels which isn't uncommon since the right side panel has to be taken off to adjust the pto clutch or to replace mower deck drive belts (as well as the transmission drive belt).

Sparky
20 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

BTW, that one is missing the engine side panels which isn't uncommon since the right side panel has to be taken off to adjust the pto clutch or to replace mower deck drive belts (as well as the transmission drive belt).

I have em…we’re already off when I picked it up.

IMG_0689.jpeg

• Like 2

Sparky

She just wouldn’t run on the original fixed jet carb no matter what I did. So an Amazon $24 made in China carb to the rescue. Fired right up and runs well without any adjustments :handgestures-thumbupright:

https://youtube.com/shorts/2NzYQ9zWV7g?si=oS9LviieNzt7cJhg

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0902.jpeg

• Like 1

Sparky

By the way.. this is how the bowl looked when I first removed it from the original carburetor…

IMG_0802.jpeg

IMG_0801.jpeg

peter lena

@Sparky  been using STA BIL in all my  engines for years now , fuel filter near tank another closer to carb , fuel filters are clean / clear , there is nothing at all in my carb bowls , 3 horses , stand by generator , walk behind blower , always top off my tank after use , and always add  1, 1/2  oz of  STA BIL fuel storage  treatment to my tank , all my fuel lines are clear vinyl fuel rated . there is no break down anything in the carbs . did a base line clean out , before STA BIL , to try it out , zero fuel debris  since , heard all the ethanol stories , thats all I use , with zero issues ,  helps maintain a clean / clear fuel system . my fuel experience . Pete 

Sparky

Thanks Pete.
 This tractor has been sitting with water in “everything” for a few years.
  She now has an in-line filter and a clean fuel system and a new carb. Little more tweaking and it will be up for sale. 

• Like 1

ML3
On 12/2/2023 at 6:27 PM, Sparky said:

She just wouldn’t run on the original fixed jet carb no matter what I did. So an Amazon $24 made in China carb to the rescue. Fired right up and runs well without any adjustments :handgestures-thumbupright:

https://youtube.com/shorts/2NzYQ9zWV7g?si=oS9LviieNzt7cJhg

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0902.jpeg

Hate to admit but so far I been good 3 for 3 on the Amazon cheapo carbs. 🤞 Put one on my 604 (sold it but it's still running) 654 & C105- both those are my "working" tractors. Eventually I'll get around to rebuilding my OEM carbs. I'll be curious to see how they stand test of time. I do only run non-ethanol fuel. 

RED-Z06

Good tractors, beefy trans, variable speed, 12hp, electric clutch, it has the very desirable hydraulic lift too.  The lift was a handy system

2017-01-09 14.50.17.jpg

• Like 1