Kirby216

Throttle linkage

Kirby216

To those whom have engine swapped there wheel horses and cudnt just clip in the end of the throttle cable.  What did you fabricate to make the original cable still work???

This what I created but it's not working like I had hoped. Got any ideas???

1699724462087346857232338775321.jpg

peter lena

@Kirby216  how does the cable move by itself , with nothing  attached to it ?  smooth easy  ?  stiff binding ? if you can separate  one from the other  you can zero in on the issue , been using super lube  https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-51004-Synthetic-Viscosity/dp/B000UKUHXK/ref=asc_df_B000UKUHXK/?tag=hyprod-2  local H/W  store  about $7 , soak cable till it comes out the other end , check into the , spring /  bracket , movement function , red aerosol spray grease , on that bolt stud area , will help . looks very simple , cable bind or bracket hang up , also note the end of cable pull , could be loosing pull point , with no stop to cable lift stop, try a simple bend at cable to bracket , to trap pull point . pete

Handy Don

You need to create a “Z-bend” on the end of the wire core. You can get or make a special plier, but you can also do it with a strong needle nose and a regular plier. Google for YouTube demo videos!

That said, looking at the way that linkage is set up, it doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen before. Is that “T” gadget a fabrication?

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 2

gwest_ca

I would think the cable should pull the governor spring straight away from the governor lever.

It is now pulling from 90 degrees to the spring.

• Like 2

Handy Don

The goal of the throttle lever/cable is to put tension on the governor arm via the spring. With no pressure, the governor will fully open the throttle for starting and then hold it at idle once the engine is running.

Your task is to translate the lever/cable movement into appropriate tension. Given that this is a mashup, it’ll take experimentation.

Edited by Handy Don

Kirby216

I haven't put a dog leg bend in the end of the Cable yet because it's not set in stone how it's gonna work.

I know I need to change it from the 90 to straight but I need a bracket that my brain hasn't cooked up yet to make this work.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

B&S throttle gov.jpg

• Like 4