Racinbob

GT Carts

Racinbob

A little over two years ago we purchased a new EZGO from GT Carts in Monticello. Their price is the first thing that caught our eye and they have a great reputation. Dealing with them was definitely enjoyable as well. Down to earth, easy going (pun intended) folks. That was our only contact with them at the time.

Fast forward to a couple weeks go. We don't play golf and only use the cart for light chores and riding the paths on our property. We rarely go after dark so the headlights were seldomly used. A couple weekends ago our granddaughter was staying with us. It was warm outside and she asked if we'd take her for a ride. Grandma took her while I stayed in the house. She was only gone a few minutes when I heard her parking it in the garage. I asked her why she was back already and she said it was too spooky for Ilyssa and she wanted to come back. The headlights were about worthless. So I took it for a quick spin and she was right, At best maybe dim light out to about 10'. The next day I hit up Ebay and found some LED replacements. They came quickly and when I got one installed this was the difference.

1048810572_EZGOLEDCompare.jpg.6248a9e1b97d59e55080c6d7a7990284.jpg

When I removed the left headlight assembly this is what I found. There was a locking ring but it wasn't in place and the bulb had come loose and melted itself into the housing. I didn't know about the damage but I don't think it really affected the light output when I took the above picture. 

195996189_EZGOHeadlight.jpg.ea0fa4dadf836ec64078a6ba83084b95.jpg

Since I was using LEDS (minimal heat) I could have just repaired the hole but there was too much damage where the bulb socket goes. So I called Matt at GT Carts and told him what happened. All I needed was the one piece of the headlight assembly. He said they have them and he'd take care of me. So I drove down there yesterday, gave the damaged part to Matt and he went upstairs to the parts department. He came down with a complete assembly, bezel, housing, pigtails etc. He handed it to me and he said no charge. How cool is that?! I told him that I understood why they have the reputation that they do. 

Got home and five minutes later it was installed with the new LED instead of the incandescent. Took it for a ride last night and this is the result.

1914236383_EZGOLEDHeadlights.jpg.711fb9d112f06950483d5a70abe11c52.jpg+

That's what 4000 lumens of 6000k light does. No more spooky!!!

This is more about a shout out for GT Carts. They have grown rapidly over a few short years and I suspect I know why. Monticello is about a 50 mile drive and well worth the trip. They also have a place in Cicero. It a good feeling to know that there are still a few companies out there that care about their customers after they get the sale. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4