Sublauxation

Blower for C160

Sublauxation

Just bought my first Wheel Horse, a C160, and looking for a snow blower.  This guy has 2 for sale but not sure which fits.  They appear nearly identical except the brackets on 1 are about 2 inches wider and I'm hoping you guys can tell me which fits a c160.  He thinks the other is for a GT-14.
Also does anything seem to be missing?
Thanks
Chad

wheelhorse1.jpg

wheelhorse2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sublauxation

Here is my tractor if that helps.

wheelhorseTractor.jpg

• Like 1

Racinbob

You want the one in the second picture. Approx. 7 1/2" outside width on the bracket. I see you have the lift arm. There's a 'flag' that slides on the back end of it. :)

• Excellent 1

Sublauxation
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

You want the one in the second picture. Approx. 7 1/2" outside width on the bracket. I see you have the lift arm. There's a 'flag' that slides on the back end of it. :)

Is that this piece?  Because the tractor has hydraulic lift do I need the spring as well?

Edited by Sublauxation

Sublauxation

s-l1600.jpg

Is this the Flag, because I have hydraulic lift do I also need the spring, or is the flag different with/without hydraulics?

Edited by Sublauxation

wallfish

Yes, that's the blower flag.

No difference between manual or hydro flags.

You don't need a lift assist spring with a hydro. It will easily lift it.

• Like 2

Racinbob

:text-yeahthat:

like John said, no spring needed with a hydro lift. If you're buying a flag Lowell has them without the tab for the spring but I'd get the one with the tab. Just cuz. Ya never know what the future brings. :D

• Like 2

Sublauxation

Thanks for the help!
Is a blower in otherwise seemingly decent shape with no flag worth $150?

peter lena

@Sublauxation  referring to first picture , the pulleys with bearings are probably shot , or at least noisy / rough to move , would replace . or do a re greasing on the bearings , at seal removal area , hi temp grease is what you want , another thing is the often ignored  " frame " the  pulleys are mounted on, lubricate that also in movement areas, also did a stronger pull spring on that frame set up , really helped in response. use a chain and cable lubricant on the auger drive chain , never let it dry out , 1/2"  deflection on its adjustment area .cable type movement , chute area , cable lube , have an old plastic " snow slider " ?  cut a gasket for right under the , chute base , silicone lubricant , makes things move much easier . when you free up the movement areas , those blowers can easily get it done , oily pete  

Sublauxation
52 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@Sublauxation  referring to first picture , the pulleys with bearings are probably shot , or at least noisy / rough to move , would replace . or do a re greasing on the bearings , at seal removal area , hi temp grease is what you want , another thing is the often ignored  " frame " the  pulleys are mounted on, lubricate that also in movement areas, also did a stronger pull spring on that frame set up , really helped in response. use a chain and cable lubricant on the auger drive chain , never let it dry out , 1/2"  deflection on its adjustment area .cable type movement , chute area , cable lube , have an old plastic " snow slider " ?  cut a gasket for right under the , chute base , silicone lubricant , makes things move much easier . when you free up the movement areas , those blowers can easily get it done , oily pete  

Are the bearings removable or an integral part of the actual pulley?  

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Sublauxation said:

Are the bearings removable or an integral part of the actual pulley?  

Depends on the year/model. Some are clipped in but some are in welded or riveted hubs.

I suspect those idlers are the cast iron flavor and if so, the bearings are likely replaceable. Pics from the side of the pulleys can confirm.

• Like 1

peter lena

@Sublauxation  usually  just carefully remove the wide rubber side shields ,clean out , and repack with a hi temp grease . lucas red or green grease , really stands up to heat stress , its its too much confusion , to do that just replace the bad ones l 

Sublauxation

Thanks for all the help and info!