JCM

Side X Side utility 4x4 vehicle

JCM

Looking for some input on Kawasaki, Polaris or Can-Am side x sides if anyone has or had one of these brands and honest opinions. It's main intended use will be for working around the acreage etc with some trail riding. After much research my first stop was the Can-am because of the past history owning 4 Ski- Doo snowmobilles with the Rotax engine. These are much different with 4 strokes on this type of vehicle I'm sure. Going to look at the Kawasaki today and possibly the Polaris next week. Would enjoy your comments. Been selling some things around here to make room but not in a hurry. If not this fall maybe spring works as well.   Thanks For your input.

• Like 1

Pullstart

I used to frequent the sand dunes with trucks, buggies and quads, long before plow days.  I was talking to a feller up there and he made a quick comment like “everyone will eventually end up in a side by side,” meaning everyone in that sport.  He had a good point,  easy entry, mostly safe, comfort and utility abilities.

I know it’s the same as a snowmobile in ways, but I just can’t accept the CVT feeling compared to banging gears.  YET, apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JCM
34 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I know it’s the same as a snowmobile in ways, but I just can’t accept the CVT feeling compared to banging gears.  YET, apparently.

I said the same thing at your age. Give it another 30 plus years and it's nice to put it in gear and step on the gas. Except ,on a squarebody GM truck  :auto-layrubber:  :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, JCM said:

I said the same thing at your age. Give it another 30 plus years and it's nice to put it in gear and step on the gas. Except ,on a squarebody GM truck  :auto-layrubber:  :thumbs:

Honestly, I doubt it’ll take that long!  I was at a walk in chiropractor clinic this morning after wrestling with my 14 year old @Lil’ Pullstart at the bonfire last night!  

• Sad 1

Rob J.

This is what I bought. King of SxS’s. 2.5 liter turbo diesel. Two speed transfer case. 5-speed manual. 

IMG_3543.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

@Rob J. what’s the price tag for a Roxor vs SxS?

Rob J.
26 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I paid $16k for the Roxor. I’ve put about $10k mostly in performance parts. 

Rob J.
27 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I couldn’t say on the others. I wanted an all metal SxS. This is the only all metal SxS made. 

• Excellent 1

cafoose
1 hour ago, Rob J. said:

This is what I bought. King of SxS’s. 2.5 liter turbo diesel. Two speed transfer case. 5-speed manual. 

IMG_3543.jpeg

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these and redoing it

1948-Willys-Jeep-CJ2A-Photo-1-e1642213681547.jpg.621f0fd6a83bf116e2154d15fa41217e.jpg

• Excellent 5

ACman

My buddy just went through this and ended up selling his Polaris Ranger and getting a Kawasaki mule . The Polaris was faster but the Mule is way better using around the farm . He can hook to a full wagon and actually move it around . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@cafoose those old jeeps are about the same top speed as the Roxor (55 mph) and already street legal.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  LOTS OF FUN!

• Heart 2

Rob J.
1 hour ago, cafoose said:

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these and redoing it

1948-Willys-Jeep-CJ2A-Photo-1-e1642213681547.jpg.621f0fd6a83bf116e2154d15fa41217e.jpg

I was too but after figuring the costs it was cheaper for me to just buy the Roxor. 2.5 liter turbo diesel sold it for me. 

• Like 1

Rob J.
43 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

@cafoose those old jeeps are about the same top speed as the Roxor (55 mph) and already street legal.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  LOTS OF FUN!

Mine is deleted and tuned, I’ve had mine up to 81. It will drive the secondary paved roads no problem. I stay off the highways. 

• Excellent 1

Rob J.
46 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Also I haven’t gotten mine licensed simply because the laws and non enforcement up here. All I need to make it legal is a center rear view and a lighted license plate bracket. Way cheaper to run trail tags than getting it registered.  

• Like 1

Sparky
10 hours ago, JCM said:

Would enjoy your comments. Been selling some things around here to make room but not in a hurry. 

Selling tractors?? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

cafoose
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

those old jeeps are about the same top speed as the Roxor (55 mph) and already street legal.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  LOTS OF FUN!

That looks like the roads in Tennessee where I am :helmet: In Tennessee we take anything on the roads :ph34r:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

cafoose
4 hours ago, Rob J. said:

I was too but after figuring the costs it was cheaper for me to just buy the Roxor. 2.5 liter turbo diesel sold it for me

I wouldn't make a trailer queen, just mechanical restore with patina :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

JCM

Follow up on the November 4th post. Ended up with the Can-Am side x side. Trailered it back to the dealer last week to have the power angle plow installed. Plow is also Can -Am branded and by reviewing the paperwork the 72'' plow is a Bercomac brand.

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Sparky
13 hours ago, JCM said:

Follow up on the November 4th post. Ended up with the Can-Am side x side. Trailered it back to the dealer last week to have the power angle plow installed. Plow is also Can -Am branded and by reviewing the paperwork the 72'' plow is a Bercomac brand.

IMG_1520.JPG

Are some of your trails too narrow now? 

EDIT: Just saw your other post about doing trail work with the sidexside 

• Like 1