JoeM

FEL snow thrower attachment

rjg854

Nice build!  Would work nice getting rid of snowbanks, seems like it would be hard to see around it though. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JoeM
2 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Nice build!

I thought so too.

I know some have adapted push blades to the their bucket and this in big snow country might just be the bomb. 

It was posted by Kelly Henderson over on my FB FEL Group

image.png.985e248283e0215e6e33bc0ed299125e.png

wallfish

I like the ingenuity but it needs to be much wider unless it's only blowing in straight lines. That far out front will leave the 1/2 the tractor out in the snow as it turns. It definitely has it's place depending upon the situation.

I hand mine connected directly to the tractor as normal and used the FEL to lift and lower it. The FEL made it so quick and easy to install and disconnect that the bucket could still be used. Quick attach, belt and 1 pin. Connect the pin for the lift, lift the blower to easily snap into the quick attach and connect the belt. About 2 minutes on or off.

I wanted down pressure instead of just using a lift chain so put a chain inside of pipes to allow for some float without the FEL weight on it but could also add the FEL weight for scraping ice/packed snow. A solid link could just use the float on the FEL but that's a lot weight all the time. Just a chain and no FEL down pressure on it

373571202_pipelift.jpg.6f66711f0baed7893e0e4561801cf71a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

Nice build!  Would work nice getting rid of snowbanks, seems like it would be hard to see around it though. :confusion-shrug:

Agreed!!

I can see your logic about the line of sight but it really wouldn't be as bad as you think, particularly once you got used to understanding where everything is.

1 hour ago, JoeM said:

I thought so too.

I know some have adapted push blades to the their bucket and this in big snow country might just be the bomb. 

Thanks for sharing this.

I got the push blade that goes with the Front End Loader from @wallfish  

Not to put words in John's mouth but I think he told me he just left the bucket on because he found it functioned about the same as a snow plow blade.

Having used the machine for some snow removal last winter, I agree.

I've considered turning the push blade frame into a small set of forks.  

• Like 1

JoeM

I don't have a blower but use a blade that is swiveled by hydraulics. Angling of the blade worked best. My bucket it easy connect and use a trailer hitch square tube as a receiver for the blade when the bucket is removed. 

1755018610_SnowplowDay301292022.jpg.a9e1203b53b8c3877e1b881405b07475.jpg358530835_SnowplowDay201292022.jpg.9429e126a96c26ffc6ee6c0a7f7d4d47.jpg

• Excellent 3

953 nut
9 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Probably lowering the FEL bucket would improve visibility.           :hide:           I guess the blower would have to be driven by a hydraulic motor.

wallfish
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Probably lowering the FEL bucket would improve visibility.           :hide:           I guess the blower would have to be driven by a hydraulic motor.

When blowing the snow there aren't any banks to deal with like there is when plowing that can build them up.

FEL push blade can or should probably go 60" wide if there's enough weight on the back. Then use the blade to push off snow banks when they build up too high.

Tried everything from from SS, 2 stage, 60" wide plow, FEL bucket, 42" plow tractor, you name it. The ultimate solution is to  move closer to the equator! LOL The older I get, the more winter is a problem and the more I want to snow bird south for it.

• Like 4