John Rizzardi

snow blade feet

John Rizzardi

looking for the two(2) feet that keep snowblade from hitting ground, can i buy them or must i make the feet ?

IMG_1166.jpeg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I don't personally have any so I can't offer a purchase place or part number but I've seen a few people use the ones marketed towards ATVs.

Whether you build them or buy them, getting the angle right may be the tough part.

If you purchase or build the type that looks like a small cereal bowl or upside down cup just be sure the mounting stud is fairly close to the angle you're looking for and you should be okay.

If you go with the ones that look like tiny little set of skis you may want to be a little more particular on setup so see if you can get them that have adjustable angle.

On a side note, there's another way you can avoid digging in quite so hard.

We set our plows so they are tilted more forward which offers two benefits to us.

One is that the cutting edge of the plow at a more vertical angle which greatly reduces the tendency to dig into the ground surface. 

It also makes it so snow drift has far far less of a chance to come over the top of the plow causing you to get stuck.  

• Like 1

John Rizzardi

Thank You for replying to this post ebinmaine.

• Like 1

JoeM

Seen those on Ebay might be worth a look was pricey tho.  

John Rizzardi

Thank You JoeM, I found a shop out in Bethel Pa. that had a pair of used (yet in good shape) shoes they are shipping to me via mail. Tax,Shipping and Shoes will cost me a total of $85. cheaper than what i’ve seen people asking at WH Tractor Auctions, like i say”It worked out just like it was supposed to.🤗

• Like 1

peter lena

@John Rizzardi  look up ATV plow skids , on the net , lots of related parts , spring mount assist , would let you support that plow weight ,  also do a lubrication service on the PLOW STEERING QUADRANT , aerosol red grease , that slide pin , can work like butter . Pete

• Like 2

John Rizzardi

Thank You Peter, lubing the blade is gonna take more time than ever cause my strength level is down from cancer, My interest in repairing non used, let it sit outside for well…….Getting that blade working like new is my focus, like the other  2 Tractors also over 40 yrs old too🤗

• Like 3

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, John Rizzardi said:

Thank You Peter, lubing the blade is gonna take more time than ever cause my strength level is down from cancer, My interest in repairing non used, let it sit outside for well…….Getting that blade working like new is my focus, like the other  2 Tractors also over 40 yrs old too🤗

Two things made a HUGE difference on ours. 

Remove clean lube and reassemble the pivot sector. 

Also seriously consider getting/making a pivot control rod with Heim joints.  

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

Just remember the rods are 3/4” when shopping elsewhere…

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Just remember THE RODS are 3/4” when shopping elsewhere…

Which rod Sir? 

Pullstart
26 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Which rod Sir? 

the one that slides into the plow.

8100B10A-BFE4-4278-B5A8-9A4E3E693EA7.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
Photo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

John Rizzardi

Yes its the rods at the Left and Right lower shoes for plow, i spoke with a shop out in Bethel Pa, prolly  an hour from my place, I’ve dealt with this shop b4, they are all about WH Tractors, in Lancaster County A to Z shop is spot on, highly recommend😉

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, John Rizzardi said:

they are all about WH Tractors, in Lancaster County A to Z shop

Lincoln at A to Z Tractor is one of Redsquare's long time vendors. 

Good folks.  

lynnmor
2 hours ago, John Rizzardi said:

Yes its the rods at the Left and Right lower shoes for plow, i spoke with a shop out in Bethel Pa, prolly  an hour from my place, I’ve dealt with this shop b4, they are all about WH Tractors, in Lancaster County A to Z shop is spot on, highly recommend😉

They are in Berks County.