RJC1965

Loader bucket hitch attachment

RJC1965

I am wanting to be able to have a hitch on front of my Kwik-Way loader on my 520H. I really did not want to drill a hole to mount one I saw this clamp on device for $40 dollars anyone use one of these or have any thoughts on this. 

IMG_0699.png

IMG_0259.jpeg

• Like 2

wallfish

No reason why it wouldn't work. I drilled holes to attach a hitch ball to move trailers and such.

Hooks on the top of the bucket are useful too

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Only question, will single point of friction be enough to keep it from walking around...?  bumps, turns etc may see it shift with only a single pad for friction... :eusa-think:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

umps

STRIKE 1!  :lol:

I think the welded 1/4” bar stock on the tip of it might act as a cleat to keep it from moving around too much.  I’d trust it with any torque weight the loader could handle…

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Appreciate your thorough review of my fat fingers typing... :bow-blue:

Guess I would just drill for a ball directly. :twocents-twocents:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??

I have one ... works good for moving light trailers around the ranch. Just ok for the heavier tandem and enclosed. Can lighten the rear end up for poor traction. On the big Mahindra will move anything.  Keep the hitch short & stay alert to avoid bending the lighter buckets. 

Nice thing is you can just drive up the trailer and hook it without leaving the seat. Again make sure you lift high enough to get whatever trailer jack  stand you have off the ground.  They bend also... :hide:...:lol:

FYI RJC I saw them in the jungle for 18 bucks. Figured I could outfit both loaders on the cheap. 

It is a scam.  They say it's been delivered but no. A complaint to the jungle gorillas got a refund tho. Odd thing was the gorillas didn't seem to care it is a scam. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3

RJC1965
9 hours ago, WHX?? said:

I have one ... works good for moving light trailers around the ranch. Just ok for the heavier tandem and enclosed. Can lighten the rear end up for poor traction. On the big Mahindra will move anything.  Keep the hitch short & stay alert to avoid bending the lighter buckets. 

Nice thing is you can just drive up the trailer and hook it without leaving the seat. Again make sure you lift high enough to get whatever trailer jack  stand you have off the ground.  They bend also... :hide:...:lol:

FYI RJC I saw them in the jungle for 18 bucks. Figured I could outfit both loaders on the cheap. 

It is a scam.  They say it's been delivered but no. A complaint to the jungle gorillas got a refund tho. Odd thing was the gorillas didn't seem to care it is a scam. 

I have a fishing boat and 14ft single axle trailer say most would be around 1800 to 2200lbs. I would rather not drill a hole in my bucket so I think I will try one out and report back it’s like $30 dollars. I do have some small shaft 2 inch balls I will see how small the hole would be. Thanks for all the information love this site. 

• Like 2

WHX??
25 minutes ago, RJC1965 said:

I would rather not drill a hole in my bucket 

I wouldn't either and I had the drill out ready to go. I was so happy with the clamp on forks it's the way to go. 

Figured it be just in the way for other FEL chores. 'Sides in the bucket you can't see to hook but extended out just a bit you can see the hook standing on the floor boards.

I have plenty of 2" hitches with every drop/rise imaginable. Plus convertible balls. 

Tip: Greasy Pete says keep the clamp screws lubed. 

Unloading the HF tool chest was painless. :)

20211025_170013.jpg

20220323_143922.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

Just like my son in law carrying this new grill!! 

IMG_3759.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

squonk

Will they work with this? :lol:

boulder.JPG.7a655bfe36e4834c54dd26270f51c08c.JPG

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

JoeM

Those Kwik-Way buckets are only 11ga. on the main structure. 

I worked on one last week. The owner was using slide on forks and it bowed the bottom a little more than an inch. 

Replaced the bottom with a 13 1/2 x 40 x 1/4" plate, reinforce the sides and add square tube to the top. 

It was much stronger and matches the strength of the loader much better now. 

Just be careful to not overload you bucket the rest of the system is stout and the bucket is a weak link.

image.png.f9cf79937076dff6ae29268dd12c4c02.pngimage.png.0b3a30e07ef0a731ad48fd1fb6c057c0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
49 minutes ago, JoeM said:

the bucket is a weak link.

Agreed Joe ... guy has got to realize it's limitations. 

Sqounky's pic shows why a ball in bucket would be in the way. 

• Like 2

wallfish
18 hours ago, RJC1965 said:

have some small shaft 2 inch balls I will see how small the hole would be.

I mounted the ball to a Sq steel tube then used 2 3/8" holes and bolts to hold it on. Not a big hole for the ball stem. The extra steel supported it over a larger area and it never bent the bucket.

That clamp should work but it extends the ball out further from the edge. I preferred it nice and tight for heavier things.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1