kwiesert2@comcast.net

Mounts and attachments

kwiesert2@comcast.net

Hi, I'm new to a Wheel Horse 1267. It has a mower deck, and I'd like to have capability of snow blade if possible. Have read the mower uses speed hitch 8-5211. I'll attach a photo (from left side, and across front of mower deck); could someone confirm whether this photo indicates I have an 8-5211, and secondly whether a mid-mount blade can use that?

Thanks much.

Ken  

IMG_0334.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to Red Square

The snow or dozer blade uses rear hitches bolted to the cast iron transmission axle housings.

A pulled grader blade connects to the mid hitch you have.

• Like 4

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  these are very universal tractors, with like kinds.  The mid mount and front mount tach-a-matics all hold the same attachments (shy of a select few, like D series, Xi series, etc) from the early 60’s into the 2000’s for the most part.

• Like 1

squonk

1267 does not use the front tach o matic for the modern mower decks. They use the side tensioner pulley. Snow plow needs a rear axle bracket and long frame plow. Mid grader that is the pull style will work fine.

To use modern deck and snowblower you would need to find or make one of these adapters in this thread. I have a 1267 I upgraded to the front mule drive

• Like 1

kwiesert2@comcast.net

Thank you for the above responses, including yours gwest_ca-(File Mod); I did not realize the mid mount blade is intended to be a grader blade, though have now seen references/videos on using one as a snow blade, at least if the snow is not too deep. Looking for a grader blade for the 1267 appears to be the next step!