Moparman

New to the stable

Moparman

Any more pictures of the mounting and wiring for that led light bar? Switched from battery? Unfortunately it's snowing here by the cheddar curtain already. Thanks for all the great replies 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Moparman said:

Any more pictures of the mounting and wiring for that led light bar? Switched from battery? Unfortunately it's snowing here by the cheddar curtain already. Thanks for all the great replies 👍🏻

On the front of my tractor I have 4" LED lights and used magnetic mounts. I've had them going down the highway at 70 miles an hour and they didn't move.

On the back I can't remember if I expanded one of the existing holes or drilled a new one.

There are also sheet metal edge pinch type brackets that could potentially be used as well.

As far as the wiring on my particular rig, I build entire new harnesses for all the tractors we restore now.

You could run a pretty good assortment of LED lights on all four sides of the tractor even just using the stock switches that once powered incandescents.  

I do step up the wiring size to a 12 gauge for the outgoing on that one.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Oh, and, you definitely want to run a separate ground wire for those lights.

• Excellent 1

F. Marra 17
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Oh, and, you definitely want to run a separate ground wire for those lights.

I used 4.5" 18 watt Lantsun round LED on the front which mounted in the stock light brackets on my 414-8.  The back is a 20" 126 watt Nilight off road bar which i bolted with stainless hardware into the back fender with the supplied brackets. I fished the wire through a drilled hole with a sized rubber gromet.  Like @ebinmaine said, i used the stock switch and wiring but did ground the lights with new wire.  All lights were bought off amazon.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don

Similar to @F. Marra 17. Having all that light when backing up in the dark is terrific!

I mounted the rear LED bar on the seat back to give it a higher angle and used a 2-conductor waterproof plug/jack to make connecting it to the tractor easily removable. I also added a switch next to the bar so it could be off while the headlights are on.

I concealed the wiring within the seat. It wasn’t difficult getting the seat’s grip edge/cover/cushion off but it was a bit sweaty getting it back on!

• Like 2

c-series don
20 hours ago, WHX?? said:

OK Don what's with the plow? Looks like a Brinly dressed to kill.  Have you not been following the plow day thread? Just for looks or all show and no go??? 

The plow is actually a Brinly, you are correct! Kinda kicking myself for not painting it black and white like it should be but I doubt I’ll repaint it. Yes I have been following the plow day thread, and wish I could attend. However Wisconsin is a tad bit too far for this guy to be traveling! If I did go, I probably would bring my 418-8 with electric lift? Or my 418-C, or maybe the Work Horse, or C-160, or 161…..😂😂🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Handy Don
30 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Wisconsin is a tad bit too far for this guy to be traveling

If you DO decide to go one of these years, pick me up as you pass by!

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, c-series don said:

probably would bring my 418-8 with electric lift? Or my 418-C, or maybe the Work Horse, or C-160, or 161

Ya gonna needa BIG trailer.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

You east coat guys need a fire truck or a school bus and make it a toy hauler for Mid-west trips!  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

You east coat guys need a fire truck or a school bus and make it a toy hauler for Mid-west trips!  

The Senior Executives on The Board Of Directors here at EB & BBT Stables have certainly discussed this more than once! 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

One daughter went to school 750 miles west of here. Drove a few times and 14+ hours was a lot, even in my younger days and without a trailer.

More than once I’ve reminded myself how fortunate that the Big Show is only 4+ hours drive away.

Wonder if there’s a way to have the tractor go “ground” while I fly? :hide:

• Like 5