• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Sparky said:

:WRS:

Wow! That one is in nice shape! 

That's what I was thinking!!

• Like 1

Moparman

For sure. I can't take credit for that that goes to previous owner. However I will continue the tradition of keeping it that way. I did go through it changed all fluids,plugs,and filters. I enjoy wrenching on all kinds of things and this tractor is by far one of the most simplest well built machines I have ever seen. I also gave it a good cleaning and a wax job. Hopefully picking up a dozer blade for it tomorrow after work. Thanks again for having me

Edited by Moparman
  • Like 2

WHX??

Welcome to :rs:

More than a couple guys here have them. 

Might need a cup holder for the brewski tho! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  The grey ones have all the same bones as the red ones!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

The grey ones have all the same bones as the red ones!

Particularly the GT 18xx. 

18 HP twin.  

Eaton 1100. 

Quite the capabilities.  

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, Moparman said:

Looking for a dozer blade for it now. 

:WRS:

You may be able to find one by posting on our free classified section..

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/wanted/

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:  The grey ones have all the same bones as the red ones!

I like the grey ones more then the red ones

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

I like the grey ones more then the red ones

I like the round ones more than the square ones :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Freightliner Guy
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

I like the round ones more than the square ones :lol:

Same 

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:  looks as though the PO took good care of it, so you should have a great tractor there.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

davem1111
On 10/29/2023 at 12:38 PM, Moparman said:

Good morning picked up a 1983 1848 Work Horse last week. Could not be happier what a tank. It's replacing my cub cadet 1046 for ground duties on my almost 2 acre lot. I did a lot of snooping on here about this model and was definitely a big part of me pulling the trigger to buy it over a JD 317 I was also looking at. So thanks to Red Square for valuable information.

Looking for a dozer blade for it now. 

I have a dozer blade and the rear axle bracket for it, here in Indiana. Not listed in classifieds yet.  Let me know if you might be interested.  Looks like you're up on the north side of Chicago, which is a bit far away, but my daughter is in college up there so I may be up that way sometime. No plans in the foreseeable future though.

I have a 1982 GT-1848 that has been re-powered with a Honda GX610 engine. I love this machine.  Mine was painted red by a previous owner - I'm actually toying with the idea of painting it purple and putting some flame decals on it. B)

thumbnail_IMG-1082.jpg

Edited by davem1111
Adding a picture to share :-)
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Moparman  great going on that pick up !  amazing care and maintenance , what's that ? on that plow , done a number of them , have a shop floor ?  roller stool ? couple of milk crates , lower blade were edge , should be protecting the actual plow blade bottom . so a blade edge flip , will give you , better protection . easily replaced .that plow STEERING QUADRANT, with slide pin is critical for easy movement , up on crates , roll around this , as it would hang from tractor , clean / lubricate as you go, make the rust run out , aerosol red grease , every movement area , add washers to sloppy linkage points , hand squeeze lever , for quadrant , small channel locks , tighten up small steel rod , end points , less play , makes for easier reaction . the spring operated slide on the quadrant ,action can / should slide like a rifle bolt, lubed , smooth / solid . add 1/8 " hair pin clips to rear axel swing levers , push in to last hole , won't fall out , like a lubricant finish on plow blade , for easy snow slide . there is more , let me know , good luck , Pete      

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

@Moparman WOW! Is that original? That has to be one of the nicest GT-1848’s I’ve ever seen. I have a GT-1800 I bought brand new in 1984. I’ve said it before here many times, a Work Horse is a Wheel Horse through and through. I mowed commercially with it for 8 years and did countless other tasks, tilling, plowing etc with it. A few years ago I gave it a well deserved restoration and put it on the retired list! I’d love to see more pictures of your Work Horse, here’s a few too many of mine!! 

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_2653.jpeg

IMG_5527.jpeg

IMG_7029.jpeg

IMG_7088.jpeg

• Excellent 7

c-series don

Also have a GT-1848, it was red when I got it. Now I just use it occasionally for the grader blade, which by the way works great? 

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_4670.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

WHX??

OK Don what's with the plow? Looks like a Brinly dressed to kill.  Have you not been following the plow day thread? Just for looks or all show and no go??? 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Moparman

Some great looking tractors guys. From what I understand I bought it from the second owner who has owned it for the past 5 years and didn't use it much at all. There is no hour meter he said the original owner guesstimated around 550 hours when he sold it to the guy I bought it from. It is in unbelievable condition and mows grass just as good as it looks. I did pick up a dozer blade after work today up in Wisconsin. Plow is in good shape great leading edge just a little rusty. It also came with the bracket for the rear axle. I will look it over lube and use it this winter. Come spring I will sand it all down and give it a new paint job. Now just need some wheel weights. Anyone add a rear led light for plowing?

Edited by Moparman
Spelling
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Moparman said:

Anyone add a rear led light for plowing?

Absolutely.  

Here in Maine we plow snow in the dark ... Often.  

On my 1975 C160 Automatic I have 2 sets of LEDs up front and a 6 LED lamp out under the seat. 

The area. Is. Bright.  

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
49 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The area. Is. Bright.

IMG_3196.gif

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
8 hours ago, Moparman said:

Anyone add a rear led light for plowing?

Yep...

Old brake light off a trailer. Super bright...

IMG_0229.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

F. Marra 17
9 hours ago, Moparman said:

Some great looking tractors guys. From what I understand I bought it from the second owner who has owned it for the past 5 years and didn't use it much at all. There is no hour meter he said the original owner guesstimated around 550 hours when he sold it to the guy I bought it from. It is in unbelievable condition and mows grass just as good as it looks. I did pick up a dozer blade after work today up in Wisconsin. Plow is in good shape great leading edge just a little rusty. It also came with the bracket for the rear axle. I will look it over lube and use it this winter. Come spring I will sand it all down and give it a new paint job. Now just need some wheel weights. Anyone add a rear led light for plowing?

Yes. LED front and back.  It helps out quite a bit. I don’t have street lamps and my driveway lights get buried with snow.

IMG_6617.jpeg

IMG_6618.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, F. Marra 17 said:

don’t have street lamps

Same here. 

HUGE difference is the nice bright white LEDs installed. 

By the way I may have a little bit of "lamp envy".  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2