PAguy

Oil Drain Plug

PAguy

First, I have to say again this forum is a lifesaver and has saved me many times and has kept my grandfather's 314-8 alive and running great.

Did not see another topic on this but curious if anyone has suggestions for 314-8 oil plug issue I seem to have. The L pip that comes off the engine constantly gets lose and ends up causing oil build up all around the pip and under the engine. I have tired to tighten it but it just slips loose again. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I looked around and I don't see that oil is coming from any other place at this point mentioned in other threads so I know it's this pip. 

Thanks again for all the support! 

• Like 1

953 nut

Best pipe thread sealer I've ever found is  Rector Seal. Next oil change you can unscrew everything back to the block, dry the threads and apply Rector Seal inside all female fittings. Allow an hour or so before you add oil and start the engine. I have used this on steel steam lines, PVC pipe and brass fittings for years and have never been disapointed.

RectorSeal Yellow Pipe Thread Sealant 1.75 oz

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor

I would replace the pipe with a new one so you have fresh threads.  Before installing it, run a tap in till it begins cutting new threads.  Clean the threads on both the engine and pipe with a parts cleaner to remove all traces of oil.  Install the new pipe using red thread locker not a compound that is non-hardening.  Yes, I did say red, other types won't do the job and the pipe will still be removable.  If you ever need to remove and it is difficult, heat the pipe to about 250 degrees and it will come free.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1