Sign in to follow this  
peter lena

recovery / experiment

peter lena

have any implements , tractor related , devices , that just sit outside ?  been doing this forever , used oil paint brush , kerosene , put a good coverage on it to counter grunge , stop corrosion . once the lubrication soak , takes over the grunge , instead of rusting , it will shed moisture , and leave an  oiled patina look on it . see so much rusted / decayed used to be metal , just do it ,  was driving my 40 + year  old C 85 , in a nearby by cull de sac , stopped to talk to a simplicity guy , cables were frozen , solid rust , not a clue , barely any oil on the dip stick , etc. .  opportunity hiding in plane sight , don't understand it  , Pete

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

peter lena

@Treepep   just did another double lawn spiker  run , tandem tow , moved easily , no noise or squeaking , been regularly doing that with all the rain we have been having , lawn looks much better , go oily , Pete

• Like 1

Treepep
41 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@Treepep   just did another double lawn spiker  run , tandem tow , moved easily , no noise or squeaking , been regularly doing that with all the rain we have been having , lawn looks much better , go oily , Pete

Yessir, go oily or stay home:D.  Tarheel transplant over a decade ago however I was raised in the rustwest.  It was always a little disheartening to see the cancer on the vehicles in Nebraska.  It is nice to see cars without it here and even nicer to view older equipment that looks new other than patina.  Dont miss that a bit

• Like 1

peter lena

@Treepep  mineral oil , creeping in the body seams , is what you want , days out , you see a lubrication seam  verification , thats your carrier , then over spray it with an open gear spray , that will seal off and defend that inside oil , my son just did a Mercedes from his F I L , that thing will never rust out , very thorough , BASE LINE SERVICE . brakes too, even mineral oiled the  paint , pete   

• Excellent 1