Pokk

B-100 8 speeds Engine belt

Pokk

Anyone please advise me:

1) When I need to replace the engine belt of B-100 8 speeds, it seems the belt is quite loose when I depressed the clutch.  

2) Yesterday, I took off the fender (I want to start the tractor for taking a clip of the engine belt) but the tractor did not crank or had any sound - what is the problem? I checked the PTO switch - every think look ok. I will have to check again this afternoon - if it is no raining. 

Sparky

You need this belt (in the picture) if you decide to replace it. And there is a PTO safety, a clutch pedal safety switch and a seat switch (I suspect you disturbed the seat switch when removing the rear fender) that must be satisfied before the motor will crank. 

IMG_9884.jpeg

• Like 1

rmaynard

As far as the belt, when the clutch is depressed, it should be loose. The B-100 1976 & 1977, only years with with 8-speeds (I've owned both) do not have a seat switch. The only safety interlocks are the clutch and the PTO. So, you must have the clutch depressed and the PTO off while trying to start the engine. This completes the patch to the solenoid. 

B-80_100.jpg.9adc3ca4dbdb7bcbdb2e7ced10cac425.jpg

Pokk
10 hours ago, Sparky said:

You need this belt (in the picture) if you decide to replace it. And there is a PTO safety, a clutch pedal safety switch and a seat switch (I suspect you disturbed the seat switch when removing the rear fender) that must be satisfied before the motor will crank. 

IMG_9884.jpeg

Thank - I will recheck the seat switch.

Pokk
4 hours ago, rmaynard said:

As far as the belt, when the clutch is depressed, it should be loose. The B-100 1976 & 1977, only years with with 8-speeds (I've owned both) do not have a seat switch. The only safety interlocks are the clutch and the PTO. So, you must have the clutch depressed and the PTO off while trying to start the engine. This completes the patch to the solenoid. 

B-80_100.jpg.9adc3ca4dbdb7bcbdb2e7ced10cac425.jpg

Thank - If want to modify (bypass the seat switch) - how can I do? Any advise is appreciated.